Arizona Walmart Shooting Video long and short

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
watched both last night. that was crazy. they all get a medal but I promise that Wal-Mart guy is fired by the end of the month if not week. maybe the cops will hire him afterwards. and props to the police. id have shot the mofos. also great lesson on how to beat a taser

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on the video alone and not knowing what transpired prior to the beginning of the video the cop that was already on scene seemed to have had everything under control until the two late arriving cops leaped out of their car, yelled something about seperating folks and then started pushing people around.

And I sure didn't see any of the restraint spoken about. Cops beating on people lying on their bellies on the ground. Running up and kicking guys already down. The escalation is all on them.

Mine is a minority opinion though.

That said: I'm sure those brave law enforcement officers will all get medals for exercising such restraint. Then again if that was an example of police restraint I'd sure hate to see what they would have done if they'd been out of control.,

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was trying to make sense of the process the cops used to deal with the folks involved, but failed. It seemed like they were going this way, then that way, mixing up and switching to different people, etc. Could any of you folks in the LE field see some sort of rhyme or reason in the proceedings?

I didn't watch the video, but what you describe is a basic field interview technique. One officer gets one persons story while the other officer gets the other persons story. Then they switch. After talking to both parties involved, the officers compare stories and look for discrepancies.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on the video alone and not knowing what transpired prior to the beginning of the video the cop that was already on scene seemed to have had everything under control until the two late arriving cops leaped out of their car, yelled something about seperating folks and then started pushing people around.

And I sure didn't see any of the restraint spoken about. Cops beating on people lying on their bellies on the ground. Running up and kicking guys already down. The escalation is all on them.

Mine is a minority opinion though.

That said: I'm sure those brave law enforcement officers will all get medals for exercising such restraint. Then again if that was an example of police restraint I'd sure hate to see what they would have done if they'd been out of control.,

We must have watched different videos. I see two guys arguing, one is in a uniform. As the cops walk up and talk about separating everybody the guy in the back moves all the way to the front to step in front of a cop and put his hand on him. The guy arguing and pointing his finger at the man in uniform looks to resist at about the same time and that's when all hell broke loose. The restraint is from not shooting these idiots for disobeying lawful orders and assaulting the officers.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't watch the video, but what you describe is a basic field interview technique. One officer gets one persons story while the other officer gets the other persons story. Then they switch. After talking to both parties involved, the officers compare stories and look for discrepancies.

Oh, the action progressed past interviews rather quickly. The exchange of comments fast became an exchange of fists, with Tasers, batons, and a couple gunshots thrown in. Without the audio though, it was quite confusing to see how the event unfolded - or rather, became more and more complicated.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

You need to watch the video................basic field interview technique may have happened before the camera was rolling...........then all hell breaks loose. If any of the individuals would have even had a simple pocket knife, it could have been bad for the PD.......I lost count how many times a perp jumped on the back of a cop while he was wrestling with someone else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom