Arizona Walmart Shooting Video long and short

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on the video alone and not knowing what transpired prior to the beginning of the video the cop that was already on scene seemed to have had everything under control until the two late arriving cops leaped out of their car, yelled something about seperating folks and then started pushing people around.

And I sure didn't see any of the restraint spoken about. Cops beating on people lying on their bellies on the ground. Running up and kicking guys already down. The escalation is all on them.

Mine is a minority opinion though.

That said: I'm sure those brave law enforcement officers will all get medals for exercising such restraint. Then again if that was an example of police restraint I'd sure hate to see what they would have done if they'd been out of control.,

Couldn't agree more.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
This stuff is the reason I could never be a cop. About 3 minutes into that melee I'd have ended it by shooting them all and the mother would have got a baton upside the head just for being stupid somewhere in amongst that mess. "Oh! Damn! Well I guess you might get the hell outta the way next time." Those cops have the patience of Job. :bowdown:

Yep...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So for those who think the cops were out of line... should a citizen be allowed to ignore the orders of police who are trying to ascertain the facts of a situation and separate them to de-escalate tensions or hostilities? Should a citizen be allowed to argumentatively get in an officer's face or lay hands on them (as the first person in the video did)? Should they be allowed to attack officers en masse with double or more the numbers and not expect officers to respond violently to ensure their own safety?

I'm thinking if I'm one of the three cops in the middle of 8 or 9 citizens attacking us, I'm gonna use every means at my disposal to ensure my own safety and that of my fellow officers - baton, ASP, taser, firearm. I just can't fault the officers in this particular instance who had a literal crowd of angry, belligerent, non-compliant and violent citizens attempting to beat them down. Someone or several woulda (shoulda) gotten shot, IMO. I've seen people fighting, one guy who has taken 5-7 other large, strong and motivated individuals to control... if you haven't seen it, then I'm glad for you. But the fact is, overwhelming force is sometimes necessary, and when people continue to fight and get hurt, I'm not surprised or often sympathetic. Not saying all instances are justified, but in my experiences, there are many, many, many, MANY which are.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
After watching the narrated version from the chief, I honestly feel there should have been 1 injured officer and 8 inbred dead bodies when this was done. It honestly looked like they were fighting zombies.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started to watch the chief's statement... then I saw it was an hour long and I moved on. I will try to watch some of it later, just had stuff to do.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I started to watch the chief's statement... then I saw it was an hour long and I moved on. I will try to watch some of it later, just had stuff to do.

I only watched about 15 min. In the beginning he said he was going to show it in slow motion and describe the events. I skipped to that part. He does a good job explaining the video. Much better than watching the raw version like I did the first time. This family is nuts.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was a crazy video. What I can't believe is how one of them was shot and they still wouldn't surrender. They must all have serious mental issues. Don't know what else it could be other than that. I agree with some of the earlier posts about not being able to have the patience the officers had. I would have blasted at least 3 of them. And that had to be the worst display of fighting I have ever seen. The guys punching made me laugh. I ain't a bad rear but I know I can fight better than that. My favorite part of the whole video is when the guy at the back right is standing there and all of the sudden falls on his back. He was being tazed. He looked stiff as a board when he fell. I about rolled in the floor when I saw that. I watched a news cast on a local station there that said the family was some kind of religious group traveling around and that they sang in a band. Must have been a devil worshiping group. Most religious people I know don't act that way. I think everyone arrested should rot in prison for the rest of their worthless life.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watched the whole thing today. I agree with everybody else.
There should be funeral service for them. The cops were going to shoot a couple of them, but couldn't get a clear shot with all of the activity going on around them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom