Armadillo meets my other Ruger...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This guy thought he could outrun one of those 140 gr. Hornady FTX bullets in my 357 magnum but, he just was wasn't quite fast enough....

ai193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_Poor_20Armadillo_006_2.jpg

ai193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_Poor_20Armadillo_009_2.jpg

ai193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_Poor_20Armadillo_011_2.jpg

D&T

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man,..you guys are rough on the poor armadillos..! I kinda like to watch em from my deer stand. They're like the fat, blind kid of the woods, and they're fun to throw green pecans at.

Good shot though, they can bob n weave when they get to running.

Ha,..In other news,...PurpleHaze just got himself banned...!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man,..you guys are rough on the poor armadillos..! I kinda like to watch em from my deer stand. They're like the fat, blind kid of the woods, and they're fun to throw green pecans at.

Good shot though, they can bob n weave when they get to running.

Ha,..In other news,...PurpleHaze just got himself banned...!

If you ever have one in your back yard, you will regret it. They will burrow under the foundation of the home, deck barn, etc. Your yard will look like a moon scape.

Other news: It won't be long....he will be back:D

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you ever have one in your back yard, you will regret it. They will burrow under the foundation of the home, deck barn, etc. You yard will look like a moon scape.

I've had them in the yard digging for grubs and stuff, never have made a huge mess, by summertime the bermuda is taking over and I can't tell where they've been. But, we've never had one make a den hole anywhere either, I can see how that would cause a problem.

It's just a neat animal that I like to mess with. Back in my youth I ran one down once. He was on the edge of a recently harrowed field and he took off out in the open. He didn't have any holes like they do in the woods and he couldn't get away.

Back in High School, me and a buddy found one one time that I think a coyote had just quit messing with. He was half buried in the middle of a hay meadow. He was buried enough that only his tail was sticking out. We grabbed him by the tail and tried to pull him out so we could mess with him. NO DICE...! That little critter hooked them claws into the side of his burrow and set up camp. We were pulling so hard we could hear thing popping, like at the chiropractor, but that little dude stayed put. We couldn't get him out.

Always thought it would be neat to have as a pet. Probably a good thing that never happened...

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you ever have one in your back yard, you will regret it. They will burrow under the foundation of the home, deck barn, etc. You yard will look like a moon scape.

Wait until the dry summer time and the only soft spot in your yard is a flower bed or garden bed. They tend to destroy it. My favorite cure is a 12 gauge with no. 4's. works really good.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to do that when I was younger. I got tired of killing things for the hell of it. Never seen an Amadillo do anything to anyone.

Now,..they have SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME a few times while heading into the woods in the dark.! I've been walking along all peacefull like and then for a split second, it sounds like I've being over-ran by a band of renegade Comanches looking for scalps,....then the adrenaline subsides and I realize it's just an armadillo and I can put the rifle safety back on. For that I'd be tempted to give one a good killing. Other than that, I leave em be.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Generally every year a female tries to make a nest under my cabin porch. She generally has a bad night if I am there because she is giving me a bad night. They dont mix with a .45,.357,.223,.22 mag, or my favorite .308. The .308 makes them into a pink haze.

Latest posts

Top Bottom