Army Corp Property

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwilly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My property is adjacent to 600+ acres of Corp land that we have hunted since I was a kid. It is leased out for Ag use and over the years the different guys all seem to try different rules. Current guy has it locked up tight, which is fine for me since most guys don't want to walk. This weekend I noticed my stand is gone and given the location I'm sure it's the guy who leases the land. Tried contacting the Corp but I'm not getting anywhere. Anyone know the reg's and if he had a right to remove it? Thanks.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure how regs regarding corp land differ from WMA's, but the regs say...

"No permanent type stands may be constructed in or on a tree nor shall cleats be driven into a tree to gain access to a portion of any tree nor shall any person hunt from such a stand. Only portable type stands, that do not require the use of any fastening device that has the potential of damaging a tree, are permitted. Stands shall be removed from the tree immediately following the closure of the hunt for which they were used with a limit of no more than 14 days. Stands remaining after this time become the property of the Department to be disposed of in the best practical manner."

The question being, did you have the right to put a permanent stand there in the first place? Chances are, the other guy doesn't have the right to remove your stand, but if it is there illegaly... good luck.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure how regs regarding corp land differ from WMA's, but the regs say...

"No permanent type stands may be constructed in or on a tree nor shall cleats be driven into a tree to gain access to a portion of any tree nor shall any person hunt from such a stand. Only portable type stands, that do not require the use of any fastening device that has the potential of damaging a tree, are permitted. Stands shall be removed from the tree immediately following the closure of the hunt for which they were used with a limit of no more than 14 days. Stands remaining after this time become the property of the Department to be disposed of in the best practical manner."

The question being, did you have the right to put a permanent stand there in the first place? Chances are, the other guy doesn't have the right to remove your stand, but if it is there illegaly... good luck.

this says to be removed following closure of hunt with limit of 14 days.
well, #1 -deer season closed more than 14 days ago.
#2 - deer stands are stolen all the time. do a search on here and theres probably a dozen threads about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom