Ashes, Ashes, We All Fall Down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
took a semi spectacular fall couple of hours back, sadly i don't bounce as well as i used to. feels like skin is sorta shredded on my shins, my right foot hurts, along with my right wrist. and it all seemed to happen in slow motion LOL i may need to wrap myself with bubble wrap henceforth

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We can't be too careful, I don't wear shoes in the house and I decided to go out to the garage to get a tool-it wouldn't take but 30 seconds-so I run out and partially put on some of shoes to hobble over to the tool chest. Took one step and bam! Hit the floor, bent and scratched my glasses, a knot on my head all because I was standing n my shoe lace. She gave me what for when i went back in the house. I got the tool anyway.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damnit... all us old farts need to be careful! You know they don't make 'em like us anymore, right? Just look at these Millennials and the iGen my son belongs to???

Be careful, damnit.

<edit> And it took me like 3 minutes, a Google search and multiple corrections to get the word "Millennial" right. Jeebus...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang it guys.
I am 51 and probably need to quit climbing and jumping over the stockade fence when the gate is locked.
I keep telling myself go around and unlock it!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
took a semi spectacular fall couple of hours back, sadly i don't bounce as well as i used to. feels like skin is sorta shredded on my shins, my right foot hurts, along with my right wrist. and it all seemed to happen in slow motion LOL i may need to wrap myself with bubble wrap henceforth

Truth. My wife took a tumble Saturday night. She did an awesome tuck and roll to minimize the impact, but she still wound up with a pretty swollen wrist and ankle. Not fun. :(

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jee Whiz, man, be careful! We don't bounce or heal like we used to. I am finally admitting to the fact that I just cannot do all the things I used to do. Hope you're really OK, with no lasting effects!

Latest posts

Top Bottom