Ashes, Ashes, We All Fall Down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's why I walk with a cane when I'm outside of the apartment. I tell people that I don't need it all the time, but when I need it, I don't have the time to run back and get it!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be careful @lasher. Brittle bones and all you know. Lots of us old guys just fall down sometimes. It sucks getting older. My complaint today is my vision. I used to be a darned good shot. Now, I'm just…a shot. I cannot get the front sight to focus no matter what. I might as well just glue a cotton ball on there. I guess I'll have to practice more on my point shooting, or give up and just go the hi-cap pray and spray route. When I go to an indoor range, I at least like to see the holes in the paper to get some sort of feedback, but if the target is out more than 7 yds, I can't see them. Sure pisses me off.

Back in my active duty Marine Corps days, I can remember lying there on the 500 yd line hitting bullseye's all day long using iron sights. I doubt I could even see a water buffalo at 500 yds now, much less hit the darn thing. Maybe a barn at 100...if it was a big barn and bright red.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep getting old sucks, noticed a couple years ago my mind and feet don't always agree. Have to be really careful to make sure my feet have caught up with my mind. Be careful falls are the number one cause of hospital visits for us old folks.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful @lasher. Brittle bones and all you know. Lots of us old guys just fall down sometimes. It sucks getting older. My complaint today is my vision. I used to be a darned good shot. Now, I'm just…a shot. I cannot get the front sight to focus no matter what. I might as well just glue a cotton ball on there. I guess I'll have to practice more on my point shooting, or give up and just go the hi-cap pray and spray route. When I go to an indoor range, I at least like to see the holes in the paper to get some sort of feedback, but if the target is out more than 7 yds, I can't see them. Sure pisses me off.

Back in my active duty Marine Corps days, I can remember lying there on the 500 yd line hitting bullseye's all day long using iron sights. I doubt I could even see a water buffalo at 500 yds now, much less hit the darn thing. Maybe a barn at 100...if it was a big barn and bright red.
I've put Crimson Trace LaserGrips on my FEG Hi Power and a laser/flashlight on the P2000SK. I may not be able to see the front sight w/o my glasses, but I can see that red dot on the wall.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've put Crimson Trace LaserGrips on my FEG Hi Power and a laser/flashlight on the P2000SK. I may not be able to see the front sight w/o my glasses, but I can see that red dot on the wall.

I’ve always had a dislike for those lasergrips, but, that could be something to look into. I know! Just get your pistol to me with thise laser grips on it and let me try it out. For about 5 years. Don’t forget to bring the ammo. I’ll let you know how I like it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom