assisted suicide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Legal in several states, OK isn't one of them. Personally imo it's not the answer in any situation. I'd be interested to see commentary from family of those who's loved ones went through with it in one of those states where legal.

maybe it's not the answer for you, but why should we answer that question for someone?

sure, their family might disagree with it, but should the family get to decide for them? in the case of adults.

to me it's more of a matter of personal choice.

Have you constituted a family council to vote on your personal decisions?

many of my family members have disagreed with some of my actions...many times they were wrong, or it would be the right answer for them.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mother died from assisted suicide.

At least that's what I call it.

The short story is, her and my father were married for 58 years. As a teenager, she lived in an abusive house. He rescued her from that environment. He was her everything.

When he was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2016, the outcome looked bleak. In the late spring/early summer of 2018, he had gotten worse and the dr. gave him just a few months.

Two weeks before he passed, my mother had succumb to a nasty urinary tract infection. Knowing she couldn't bear to go on without him, she let it fester and become septic instead of seeking help for it.

She then enlisted the assistance of my brother's wife, to help her inact and enforce a DNR. My brother's wife was then given a list of duties of what to do with her and my father's affairs, property, remains, etc.

She was also given a list of people who could and could not be at my parent's home during their last and final moments, which she enforced like a rabid Rottweiler.

Mom lasted about a week, dying from starvation, dehydration (yeah, she refused to eat or drink) and septic shock and dad passed 10 days later, losing his battle with cancer.

There was no funerals, obituaries in the paper, ceremonies of any kind. It was all kept hush-hush and I personally received an ass chewing from her and her 14 year old daughter for calling my aunt (dad's sister) and my first cousin to tell them of her passing.

Yeah, like I said, this is the short version. I could write an entire novel about what went on there in those two weeks +/-. It was quite an ordeal.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
maybe it's not the answer for you, but why should we answer that question for someone?

sure, their family might disagree with it, but should the family get to decide for them? in the case of adults.

to me it's more of a matter of personal choice.

Have you constituted a family council to vote on your personal decisions?

many of my family members have disagreed with some of my actions...many times they were wrong, or it would be the right answer for them.

Lol, maybe you missed the first post? "what are your thoughts on assisted suicide?" Well those were my thoughts. Like them or don't like them, I don't care.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what are your thoughts on assisted suicide?
God delivered me from wanting death for a long list of reasons, and now I help people get healed and freed from the suicide problems. Prayed for a man with blood cancer, clinically confirmed by 2 doctors, blood cancer was unfindable the very next week. Vietnam veteran battling depression and hatred and no peace (leads to desiring death) was healed of depression, PTSD, and all anger in 3 hours… so my view on assisted suicide is it sure is an option, but the power of Christ (the real thing, not the religious game people play) seems to be a lot better approach. We humans can justify anything under the sun, all we need is another human voice to tell us how we are right and off we go into silliness and destruction.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spent some time over here at the Clarehouse in Tulsa. Let's just say I'm not going to tell anyone how to live or die. Especially if they are going through pain.

Same, when a neighbor went there for his final days. I visited a couple times, and came away with some strong thoughts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom