Oregon ban on self-service gas stations voted out, or I learned something new today Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yall don't remember when they voted on this a few years ago and the residents were FREAKING OUT at the thought of having to pump their own gas???

It was crazy, people acting like they would be mugged if they got out of the car, their kids kidnapped, doused with fuel as they fueled up, car stolen....the fear was WILD.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bummer. They started allowing pumping your own gas at night a few years back. Last time I was in Oregon I pulled up to a pump and waited and no one came out...

I always enjoyed getting gas in Oregon, it was cheaper then Washington or California and someone pumped it for you. I always made.sure to refuel before crossing the border, (and get a blackberry shake at Burgerville).

The worst part about this is a bunch of people are going to lose their jobs, and if you ever got gas in Oregon, its the often kind of people that can't do much besides pump gas. But more people out of work and on guvmint support is the Democrat way.

I didn't like it simply because of the people who pump the gas , they don't necessarily care about your paint and body . Other wise I was fine with getting my gas pumped for me , its a misnomer to say people out there couldn't pump their own gas, western Oregon it wasn't allowed , but in eastern Oregon there was a provision which allowed it due to the low population density

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rode to Salem several years ago and pumped my own gas in the motorcycle. Guess it just applies to cars and trucks only.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're serious about it, too. I didn't realize I couldn't pump my gas when I visited Oregon a few years back. I stopped at a little station in the middle of the night and started pumping. A guy ran out and started scolding me. I got really defensive for a second before he explained it was against the law and they could get fined for it.

Stupid law but whatever

But they should know better than to scold out of staters…they were one of only two states in the union with such a law, I bet 90% of non Oregonian/new jersian folks never heard of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom