Oregon ban on self-service gas stations voted out, or I learned something new today Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, first of all it’s Orgun. Pronounce it any other way and you’re obviously from out of state. I was raised in Salem until I was 18 and joined the Navy. The first time I had to fill my own gas in California freaked me out. I had to read the directions on the pump to figure it out. It was a lesson that’s for sure. Also, it’s not Oregon anymore, it’s Northern California.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, first of all it’s Orgun. Pronounce it any other way and you’re obviously from out of state. I was raised in Salem until I was 18 and joined the Navy. The first time I had to fill my own gas in California freaked me out. I had to read the directions on the pump to figure it out. It was a lesson that’s for sure. Also, it’s not Oregon anymore, it’s Northern California.
1688187238443.png

What has happened to Orgun is tragic.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh we are , but you're fixated on gotta pay for the roads and I am fixated on we do not have to pay for the roads at the expense of privacy.
No, we're not, because you're arguing against an argument I'm not making, despite an inartful comment above. I'm not in favor of tracking, nor do I think it's warranted for assessing a use tax on electric vehicles. Gasoline- and diesel-powered vehicles are already paying those taxes at the pump, so there's no reason to tax them again (although the tax and spend Republicans in OKC would probably love to double-dip like that).

Maybe that's a tax that's charged annually when you renew the tag on your electric car based on stated mileage or maybe it's collected via a system that works through car chargers, but there's no need to do tracking to get the job done.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, we're not, because you're arguing against an argument I'm not making, despite an inartful comment above. I'm not in favor of tracking, nor do I think it's warranted for assessing a use tax on electric vehicles. Gasoline- and diesel-powered vehicles are already paying those taxes at the pump, so there's no reason to tax them again (although the tax and spend Republicans in OKC would probably love to double-dip like that).

Maybe that's a tax that's charged annually when you renew the tag on your electric car based on stated mileage or maybe it's collected via a system that works through car chargers, but there's no need to do tracking to get the job done.
One last time you foolishly think it will be for EVs only , it won’t.

Go read what the charter for fair miles oklahoma says , do the same for the other pilots in other states. The intent is to SUPPLANT the fuel tax.

The technology which has been developed and matured to its current state is agnostic of the type of power plant your vehicle has and furthermore its not centered around an annual mileage reporting model. Its a pay by mile on a constant monitored as you drive monthly basis

So please don’t be obtuse , you’re not doing yourself a service acting like you know what you’re talking about.If you were more educated on this subject then you’d know EV’s already are paying higher registration fees and that’s fine by me but there will be no limiting a pay by mile scheme to the EV alone it was never intended as such by the various states or the federal government.

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m all for a per-mile use tax for those freeloading electrics. We have to pay for the roads somehow, and they’re not paying the gas taxes that are supposed to cover that cost. I’m not at all interested in paying more other taxes to subsidize their use.

Per mile would be the only fair way to assess a road tax on electric vehicles.

Gas and diesel vehicles are also taxed by the mile if ya think about it. The tax per mile varies based on the MPG you get, but you’re still taxed by the mile. You don’t drive a lot you don’t buy a lot of fuel, you don’t pay a lot of fuel tax.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Per mile would be the only fair way to assess a road tax on electric vehicles.

Gas and diesel vehicles are also taxed by the mile if ya think about it. The tax per mile varies based on the MPG you get, but you’re still taxed by the mile. You don’t drive a lot you don’t buy a lot of fuel, you don’t pay a lot of fuel tax.

Actually no they have enough data at this point from pilot studies already conducted that demonstrates participants paid taxes more per mile versus paying per gallon of fuel for the same number of miles driven.

Latest posts

Top Bottom