Oregon ban on self-service gas stations voted out, or I learned something new today Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s easy! You put them on a plane and send them to Oregon. Don’t use a bus, we don’t want them getting lost.
I use to work in a county psych hospital. We would find out where they were from and if they had a psych record there we would put them on a greyhound. One guy was out of D/C with full blown schizophrenia. They sent him off with no cash and a bag of top ramen, granola bars and juice boxes for a 2 week trip, I wonder how that turned out.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use to work in a county psych hospital. We would find out where they were from and if they had a psych record there we would put them on a greyhound. One guy was out of D/C with full blown schizophrenia. They sent him off with no cash and a bag of top ramen, granola bars and juice boxes for a 2 week trip, I wonder how that turned out.

He got off at the first stop and took up residence on someone's lawn.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Here is another prime example.

My Dad and I were at a refueling dock back East getting gasoline. Another boat was there also refueling. The other boat had the fuel-fill flush mounted on the gunnel along with flush mounted rod holders. The guy was filling a 100 gallon tank permanently mounted in the hull. He thought it odd that the meter on the refueling pump went beyond 100 gallons when he then discoved he'd stuck the nozzel into one of the rod holders; 100+ gallons into his bilge.
We quickly untied and let the current carry us away from the dock before starting our engine.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad and I were at a refueling dock back East getting gasoline. Another boat was there also refueling. The other boat had the fuel-fill flush mounted on the gunnel along with flush mounted rod holders. The guy was filling a 100 gallon tank permanently mounted in the hull. He thought it odd that the meter on the refueling pump went beyond 100 gallons when he then discoved he'd stuck the nozzel into one of the rod holders; 100+ gallons into his bilge.
We quickly untied and let the current carry us away from the dock before starting our engine.

Seems like someone did that at hi-point on texhoma a few years ago and burned up their boat along with the dock, and maybe the restaurant.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw an article in the news paper this morning that said Oregon is issuing a monitor to all drivers that tracks the milage you drive, so they can tax people, per mile driven?? This is suppose to replace the state, and I guess, the federal tax, on motor fuel added at the refinery? I'm sure most of these people are not smart enough to understand, they will end up paying BOTH? AMAZING IF TRUE?

Latest posts

Top Bottom