ATF Approves CHL for BGC in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They cannot run the serial number of your carry gun. It states in the Oklahoma SDA that's a violation of your rights. I would be filing a complaint.
I allways get the latest SDA booklet each January and high light specific areas especially this one and carry it in my vehicle. Had to use it a couple of times for educational purpose mostly at those traffic checks or dui roadblocks. Only had 2 times when a supervisor was called because the officer had the reading comprehension of an armadillo.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my store for the last 45 days most NICS checks come back delay for 10-30 min and are then given a proceed. Before that maybe 1 out of 10 would be a delayed.
Guess I need to come to your store. In 30 years of gun buying, I’ve been denied every time except for my last purchase. Typically for 24-48 hours.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several things may cause this like a former arrest (no conviction) or someone with a same/similar name.
Were this me, I’d apply for a UPIN # in order to clear the FBI NICS check quickly.

https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/blogs/nfa-gun-trust-atf-information-database-blog/what-is-a-upin

Sucks that we have to do this at all, I agree. But maybe make the best with what we’ve got for now.
Please be advised that if one gets delayed all the time anyway, getting a UPIN number won't help much. One would still get delayed, though approval from NICS may come back in as little as 15-20 minutes. Basically, the UPIN will shorten the time a person might be delayed, but it won't eliminate the delay.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Delayed, Dennis, not denied. You could not have been buying guns for the last 30 years if you had been denied every time but one.:D
Oops, you’re right. Well, they denied me walking out the door with it right when I bought it. 😜

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will somebody give me a 3 sentence synopsis please? I can't stand listening to that jackwad talk. I had one phone conversation with him, and he is the reason I don't being to OK2A.

If you have a valid Oklahoma concealed carry permit issued after 11/1/21 you can now use that information on a 4473 instead of waiting for clearance from a BGC. The permit information would be entered at line 29 on the 4473.

Screenshot 2023-08-23 193535.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom