Aubrey McClendon will not be down for corn flakes.!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reminiscent of Karen Silkwood, no?

My wife brought up the same thing last night. I'm reminded of the demise of Princess Di - another bridge related incident.

I'll be paying attention to the "findings" in this incident. Magnanimous or not, the boys he played with on his level are just as flawed as any of the rest of us.

Woody

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"i know exactly where the wreck happened, it's on a sweeping t intersection on memorial road and midwest blvd, the "bridge" is actually an I44 underpass and very narrow, built a very long time ago. large trucks traveling north towards the intersection have almost run me over several times, they must think they're nascar drivers. "

I wouldn't call that bridge/underpass he hit anything like a sweeping T intersection, Its not on Memorial road, its Midwest blvd between Memorial and 122nd, hell its .2 miles N before you hit memorial at the cross road. He hit the bridge abutement from the S side heading N on MW blvd, I live on 122nd near Midwest blvd, i drive under that bridge all the time, he had almost .8 mile of pretty open gently sloped road to negotiate under that overpass, I am not passing judgment.....just saying, now coming from the N heading south...yes its a bit more of a turn but not treacherous by any stretch, did notice tonight that someone has already put up a cross at the spot, I looked at the concrete wall he hit, barely made a mark, that concrete support is THICK

the sweeping turn T is north of the underpass, and i would rate it as dangerous at best. didn't mean to imply the intersection was on curve. i take that road often to get out by the sod farm. the curve isn't dangerous, it's the freaking big trucks hauling azz thru that intersection on on the curve that make it dangerous.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally would not attempt suicide in this manner. Modern cars are too safe. I'd be afraid of surviving gravely injured.

High speed at 90 degrees into concrete will *probably* kill you, but I've seen people survive (injured terribly) very severe car wrecks. Too risky.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well said and I completely agree.

Concur.

None of us are without flaws, large & small. Poor & rich. Drunk & sober. There are few Saints in this life.

Aubrey certainly made his share of bad decisions, but if the crash and his death were intentional on his part, this was his worst decision by far. It didn't solve any problems.

Aubrey did a lot of good things for OKC, and despite his shortcomings, those things should be remembered. He wasn't all bad. There was also a lot of good, despite his motivation. You can still be right, even if it's for all the wrong reasons.

I hope when I pass from this life, people will take a minute to reflect on the good things I've done, and not just focus on the bad. I believe most, but not all, people deserve the same consideration.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
heart attack or stroke maybe while behind the wheel? everyone is just assuming suicide.

That's possible. I had my first heart attack at 49. I doubt it was suicide, but I won't rule it out. I lean more toward foul play. That Tahoe suffered a lot of damage. A LOT of damage, and he hit the bridge abutment on the opposite side of the street he was traveling on.

Woody

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pressure he was under, the scrutiny, the (alleged) divorce, the bankruptcy, meeting with authorities to turn himself in that day... easily could have contributed to a sudden intracranial hemorrhage which could have caused a seizure or simple loss of function on one side or the other, leading to exactly this outcome. Just happened at poor timing.

Or could have been suicide.

Or some kind of "electronic interference".

Bottom line is, I doubt we'll ever have any real answer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom