Aubrey McClendon will not be down for corn flakes.!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
This is from Linda Cavenaugh. I couldn't agree more and have a slight amount of first hand knowledge of his anonymous donations the the community. He also encouraged his employees at CHK to volunteer which many did and he still paid their salaries. Some of you people make me ashamed to have associated myself with you. The man's family deserves far more than you pukes are giving them.

I would have rather seen him live to roll over on others or rot in prison.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have rather seen him live to roll over on others or rot in prison.

Meh....Just contribute 1/1000 of what he did to help OKC and its growth and expansion, yeah he made asstons of money, yeah he pissed people off, my wife worked for him for years, i met the man several times, he was a great guy, flawed? yes aren't we all, but a great guy nonetheless, but judge on, I feel for his wife and kids and friends. By the way, he was indicted, not convicted, so all you asswipes that claim to love America and our Constitution should know better.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If your impact is severe enough to rupture a CNG tank from a head on collision or roll over, you weren't going to make it anyway. I've got a 24gge CNG tank and a 35 gal gasoline tank sitting 5' behind me every day. Tank or fuel line rupture is zero concern of mine.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh....Just contribute 1/1000 of what he did to help OKC and its growth and expansion, yeah he made asstons of money, yeah he pissed people off, my wife worked for him for years, i met the man several times, he was a great guy, flawed? yes aren't we all, but a great guy nonetheless, but judge on, I feel for his wife and kids and friends. By the way, he was indicted, not convicted, so all you asswipes that claim to love America and our Constitution should know better.

Don't mind him.... he bitches from the cheap seats about anyone more successful than him.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chesapeake would have had to pay in any lawsuits regarding illegal contracts. The DOJ's case just got a lot weaker without Aubrey. I suspect that is the reason the stock jumped, not losing a bankrupt competitor. On another note, the DOJ has had an entire team dedicated to nailing Aubrey for over a year. I'm sure they are scrambling to salvage their efforts. There will be another indictment but it will be much more difficult on the DOJ now.

Aubrey's wife was allegedly leaving him, his company was essentially bankrupt and despite months of negotiations with the DOJ, an indictment was brought against him. The guy's world was crumbling around him and he had an emotional break. Had something intervened to prevent him from committing suicide, he probably would have thought differently about it after some time to process everything.

I don't know if the guy was guilty or not but I hate to see him do this to his family and friends. I don't think Aubrey was just about money or greed. He grew up with money and even bankrupt he would still have way more than anyone on this board. I think he was all about creating a name/legacy and that was clearly going to be tarnished forever. I would not shed a tear for him paying fines or doing time if convicted but I think the way this all went down is sad. I'm sure his family would choose to have him in their lives v. having his money, etc.

Suicide is so selfish but is the result of ultimate desperation. I hope if anyone here is having those thoughts or those feelings, you will talk to someone. Things are never as bad as the seem in your darkest hour and there are people that care about you. Aubrey had a break and wasn't thinking clearly. In my opinion, guilty or not, this is a tragedy.

Well said and I completely agree.

Latest posts

Top Bottom