Auto Dealer TV Commercials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah the old VW Bug commercials of the sixties.... $16,095. I couldn't qualify for credit to get one at the time. But if I could have bought 12 or so and stuck them in a barn until today, guess how much money I could have!!! Then too there was this 1939 Chevy coupe I bought for $50.00-it'd be worth now at least $25,000 now in the shape it was before I fell asleep and hit another car...

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many years ago, 70's-80's even, when I was at Camp Pendleton there was a guy in the LA Area that had the craziest car commercials ever with a jingle about "Go see Cal" and he would talk about his "dog" Spot...anyway Spot wasn't a dog, Spot was always some other kind of animal. Sometimes Cal, who wore a big cowboy hat, would come out with, or maybe be riding on, a hippo, an alligator, a Brahma bull, an elephant, or some other large wild beast and they would play that stupid jingle... "If you wanna buy a car, go see Cal; if you wanna make a deal, go see Cal..." He'd have free hotdogs and crap to lure people in, and of course, lots of people would go there to see the crazy guy with a rhinoceros on a leash...and maybe buy a car.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now THIS... on the other hand...I would buy a car every week...

hqdefault.jpg
Yeah, I've enjoyed her commercials for a while

Latest posts

Top Bottom