Auto Repair AUH!!!!!!.....HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Chevy Avalanche, with no oil pressure. I am assuming(ass out of me) my oil pump is out. So I come hat in hand, head bowed to ask for help. Does anyone know of a good auto repair place in Metro Okc that does good work? Thank you.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I don’t know of a shop in OKC, but if you have some basic mechanical skills, you can find out what is going on.

How do you know it has no pressure, the gauge or is it knocking? If the guage is not reading, I would check the pressure with a manual guage if you are so incllined.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ron's Total Services Center  
Address: 5501 NW 50th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73122
Phone: (405) 495-5501
Google maps link here

I've been going here for over 10 years. I've take multiple vehicles to them over the years and even had them do a complete engine replacement on a 98 Suburban (that is still going strong). I have hauled a truck over 100 miles just to get it to Ron for repairs.

Last edited:

gregb21

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the engine in your a multi-displacement engine, where it will shut off certain cylinders? They have a known problem with the lifters on those cylinders. I would first check oil level and then check actual oil press with a mechanical gauge. If you do have to tear it down, don't go back with the multi displacement parts. I have a coworker that had to rebuild his engine in his 2011 Silverado. I have a 2012 Silverado and have seen the oil level drop about 2 quarts between oil changes/

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Checked the level, start the engine the the oil pressure drops. My wife got about 1 blk away when the sensor came on and said turn off the engine. When I checked the level and added some oil, some smoke was coming out of where I add the oil. No I did not spill any.

Latest posts

Top Bottom