Automobile Insurance Recommendation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
USAA if your qualify.
I missing qualify.

I am disappoint.

Many people shop car insurance for the lowest rates but no regard for service. I'd rather pay decent rates and get good service. USAA is the only company I've seen get universally good reviews, to bad I'm not a vet...

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will second calling Rachel Brewer with Liberty Mutual. Been great to deal with and I save $2500 per year switching all my policies to them from State Farm.

I would strongly discourage both GEICO or Progressive. Coverage is cheap but they they both are very ANTI gun and spend a lot of money on promoting their political beliefs.

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, after over 25 years with USAA I LEFT them this year. I am mid 50's, and me and my wife are no accidents/tickets etc. Their rates are so not competitive that it is not funny. They most likely have the best service in the industry, but after a two week period of shopping around I went with Liberty Mutual, decent rates...Until the first bill showed up and the agent sorta fibbed to me. I dropped them like a hot potato. Believe it or not I am with esurance now and could not be happier. The coverage is 5 times higher than USAA and 3 times cheaper if paid in full. Now, I have not had to file a claim with them, but a friend has been with them for years and his wife had an at fault accident and totaled her mini van. My friend said he got good service, and when his policy renewed for the next time the rates did not go up. It is really easy to check rates with them. You don't have to talk to a soul. Go to esurance.com and follow the links. I bet you will be surprised. I was. When I left USAA I got the retention department and they asked me about their AM Best rating, it is A+ when I checked. Anyway running their rate quote thing is free, and nobody will call and harass you. I had to talk to their agents several times when I changed to them and they were very nice and I had no problems.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, after over 25 years with USAA I LEFT them this year. I am mid 50's, and me and my wife are no accidents/tickets etc. Their rates are so not competitive that it is not funny. They most likely have the best service in the industry, but after a two week period of shopping around I went with Liberty Mutual, decent rates...Until the first bill showed up and the agent sorta fibbed to me. I dropped them like a hot potato. Believe it or not I am with esurance now and could not be happier. The coverage is 5 times higher than USAA and 3 times cheaper if paid in full. Now, I have not had to file a claim with them, but a friend has been with them for years and his wife had an at fault accident and totaled her mini van. My friend said he got good service, and when his policy renewed for the next time the rates did not go up. It is really easy to check rates with them. You don't have to talk to a soul. Go to esurance.com and follow the links. I bet you will be surprised. I was. When I left USAA I got the retention department and they asked me about their AM Best rating, it is A+ when I checked. Anyway running their rate quote thing is free, and nobody will call and harass you. I had to talk to their agents several times when I changed to them and they were very nice and I had no problems.

I have heard this from a few bros also. Most seem happy with USAA tho.

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard this from a few bros also. Most seem happy with USAA tho.

Don't get me wrong, they are great for service. But I can't justify paying 2K a year for insurance when esurance is 700.00 for higher coverage. Even the lady in the retention department told me they were losing a lot of customers to them. I am due for my first renewal in December with esurance, I am wondering what my they will do to my rates, but even if they go up some they are far from what USAA was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom