Insurance pisses me off!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
All I can say is that it pays to be lifelong friends with the insurance guy, both before and after a claim. I've discovered that to be true 3x times now with both home and car claims.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why not put insurance company names down. Who is giving best rates. Who is giving bs claims service? If you have good credit and history look into Amica. I had nothing but junk from allstate. State Farm was ok but high.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My car insurance significantly dropped from Seattle, but my house insurance and property tax significantly increased. Plus I got income tax now. I thought this was a red state...

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our escrow was short and after they reevaluated the 12 months data, mortgage payment per month went up $100. I called and they said that home insurance was the culprit. So, if you call the insurance company to adjust they will ask you how much do you want to insure your home for in a nutshell. Hint, never underinsure always over insure a tad to compensate the current market to rebuild, etc, using modern day prices for material, labor, and so on.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
When uninsured and/or unlicensed drivers are stopped or have an accident, their vehicles should be impounded and they should be arrested. Like most things these days, leniency and failure to enforce existing laws is costing law abiding citizens more money. I do agree most insurance companies charge as much as they can and are borderline scammers. Shopping around for the best rate and deciding what level of risk we are willing to accept are the only options for those of us who obey the law.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Insurance companies live and breath statistics. 25 years without a claim, you are due and therefore, high risk. We had State Farm for 25 years, no claims. Bought a new car. Idiot backed into it, parked on grocery store parking lot and drove off. $400 claim. SF paid off, no problem. At renewal, premium tripled, said we were high risk.
When goobermint passed requirement to have liability insurance; rates went way up. Same as Odumbass Care.
Driving without license or insurance should be major offense with serious, mandatory, minimum fines / sentence. There is no deterrent, as is.

The whole system is rigged and we are screwed.

Insurance companies are not in business to pay claims.

Latest posts

Top Bottom