Insurance pisses me off!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.

We have hail storms that will total a fairly new vehicle, and we have them on a semi regular basis.
So is liability insurance pretty cheap? Maybe I’m paying out the wazoo lol.

2006 Ram 3500 Diesel - Comorehensive
2008 Honda Pilot - Liabilith
1998 Subaru Sambar - Liability
Wife’s $100k Life Insurancd
Homeowners insurance

Total - $295 per month

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My insurance costs have exploded in the last two years due to buying a chunk of OK, a UTV to explore that, 1st new car in 13 years, and having two teenagers become drivers.

The new car, land, teenagers, and an under-insured accident claim for when a car hit two of my kids on a scooter and injured my daughter probably had the most impact.

Total insurance cost for 4 autos, home, life, farm liability/barn, umbrella, disability, medical, dental, and vision is $1460 per month, and the 4 vehicles is $568 of that. I should look into only carrying liability on the older vehicles.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vehicle insurance in particular today... How much should I pay?
I'm 49 years old.
I've never had a DUI, or an "at fault" accident.
I've never caused an accident.
I drive 50< miles per week.
I haven't filed an insurance claim in over 25 years.
I drive a 20+ year old minivan.
I've had 1 ticket in the last 10 years, and the charge was dropped.

For perspective, I pay an average of 30-40% more for monthly car insurance, than I spend on fuel! How crazy is that?
The only company in America that can raise their rates to cover their losses or move to states where they make money.
I'm certainly not advocating government intervention as I believe in the free market, but places like Florida and Oklahoma are getting shafted by the insurance companies.
Yeah, we get tornados and hail, while Florida gets hurricanes. The insurance companies are bailing out of both, and rates are going up.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I want a self driving car. Trust the system, and I will let it drive me everywhere.

Insurance companies gotta put their money where their mouth is

Latest posts

Top Bottom