Average Joe's Restaurant (sort of/maybe) returns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is mostly for people on this board who might remember my former restaurant, Average Joe's which closed a few years ago, but anyone is more than welcome to participate. Either way, your input would be appreciated!

I have the opportunity to open a new version of Average Joe's. The location would be near 51st & Mingo in Tulsa. It would most likely be lunches only (11a-2p pm or something like that) and maybe Friday and/or Saturday nights. It wouldn't be the restaurant's old full menu, but likely just the burgers and sandwiches. It would not have a full bar, but would have beer and maybe a few wine cooler type beverages. Also the service would be "fast casual" where you order and pay for your food at a register and it is delivered to your table. (An example of this is Pei Wei and we would have a similar atmosphere.)

Your discussion/input on any or all of the following questions would be most appreciated. (All of these assume that we do as good on the food as the previous incarnation and/or as a new customer you like what we have to offer.)

1) Is this a convenient location for you? That is, is it within the "circle" of your work or home that you'll travel for a meal?

2) Are the proposed hours workable for you? Do you eat a meal like this for lunch? Do you eat gourmet burgers and sandwiches for dinner on a Friday or Saturday?

3) If you are a former customer what specific menu item would you like to see -- burger/sandwich or otherwise.

4) I'm pretty aware of the areas where we failed, is there anything that we specifically did right that you'd like to see as part of the new concept?

5) Any other ideas or thoughts?

I'm also interested in partnering with someone either as a cash investor only or a cash investor/working partner. Please contact me privately via PM if that's something you'd like to discuss.

Thanks!

Bryan Pennington

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I remember the old Average Joes at 81st and Garnett.
I have been reminiscing(sp) a few of the times several of us met and ate there!
Good times for sure, and would definitely be interested in a monthly or bi-monthly OSA get together.
As far as lunch i could prob do lunch once every few weeks but would have to be in by 10:45am and out in about 20 minutes.
As for weekends, they have been hectic the last year so maybe every once in a while.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loved the chips and fries. The burgers were top notch. Love the fried egg on it!

I'm good with the location for lunches.

Love the idea!

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
11:00 - 3:30 would be better hours I think because most days we end up having to take late lunches, location seems fine to me because I am already going to that area to eat at junkyard dawgs and if you get opened up again I better see those awesome nachos on the menu.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Loved the chips and fries. The burgers were top notch. Love the fried egg on it!

Love the idea!

I forgot about the Fried Egg Sandwiches!!

Good grief. . .has it really been a few years since it closed? Where does the time go???

I know it!

I'm not in the Tulsa area, so lunches are pretty much out. But I'd be up for a weekend meal every once in a while, or meeting up for OSA.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good times for sure, and would definitely be interested in a monthly or bi-monthly OSA get together.

I had forgotten about those. That would be fun! We could definitely host some of those and at times outside of our normal hours would be fine.

The only reason for the "lunch only" hours is that this area is just really busy with all the manufacturing type businesses during the day and dead at night. That works for me since I'll almost certainly end up needing to be there during all open hours and I'm really not trying to buy myself a 90-hour per week job.

Youve got my permission. I miss the burgers.

Me too!!

Love the idea!

Thanks! You think the guys at your office would drive 1 1/2 miles for a good lunch? You think most people in that area would come over? I just know that 81st & Garnett was too far for a lot of people for lunch.

Good grief. . .has it really been a few years since it closed? Where does the time go???

Yes, December of 2007. Hard to believe. I've had an idea for a redesigned concept for a while. I just needed a "ready to go" location. Seems like there might be one available now and in an area that would likely work.

I forgot about the Fried Egg Sandwiches!!

Didn't we name that after J.P.? Is he still around? Haven't seen him in a while.

I'm not in the Tulsa area, so lunches are pretty much out. But I'd be up for a weekend meal every once in a while, or meeting up for OSA.

That's why I was thinking Friday and Saturday nights, too. Or maybe even all day Saturdays. But, we could open for an OSA day even if it weren't normal operating hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom