Average Joe's Restaurant (sort of/maybe) returns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey Bryan, my wife and I always enjoyed AJ's and were sorry to see you close.New location is good for me but the lunch only would keep me out except Monday or Tuesday,work you know.I've been known to have dinner at Smash Burger so I do eat burgers at night.Good luck on this venture and keep us posted.

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be there. The location is good and the hours are good. Bring back the Fire Thang. Maybe offer a version that is *really* hot.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think its a great idea and i'll eat there again. Make sure you bring back the blondie burger i think it was called. And I'd like to see a burger with bleu cheese and bacon on it

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is mostly for people on this board who might remember my former restaurant, Average Joe's which closed a few years ago, but anyone is more than welcome to participate. Either way, your input would be appreciated!

I have the opportunity to open a new version of Average Joe's. The location would be near 51st & Mingo in Tulsa. It would most likely be lunches only (11a-2p pm or something like that) and maybe Friday and/or Saturday nights. It wouldn't be the restaurant's old full menu, but likely just the burgers and sandwiches. It would not have a full bar, but would have beer and maybe a few wine cooler type beverages. Also the service would be "fast casual" where you order and pay for your food at a register and it is delivered to your table. (An example of this is Pei Wei and we would have a similar atmosphere.)

Your discussion/input on any or all of the following questions would be most appreciated. (All of these assume that we do as good on the food as the previous incarnation and/or as a new customer you like what we have to offer.)

1) Is this a convenient location for you? That is, is it within the "circle" of your work or home that you'll travel for a meal?

2) Are the proposed hours workable for you? Do you eat a meal like this for lunch? Do you eat gourmet burgers and sandwiches for dinner on a Friday or Saturday?

3) If you are a former customer what specific menu item would you like to see -- burger/sandwich or otherwise.

4) I'm pretty aware of the areas where we failed, is there anything that we specifically did right that you'd like to see as part of the new concept?

5) Any other ideas or thoughts?

I'm also interested in partnering with someone either as a cash investor only or a cash investor/working partner. Please contact me privately via PM if that's something you'd like to discuss.

Thanks!

Bryan Pennington

1) Location is just fine for me personally. I would be there once a week for an old Average Joe's double burger or double meat philly.

2) The hours are fine for me as a once a week type meal.

3) Burgers and philly cheese steaks.

4) The food and general atmosphere were awesome at the old place. I'd love to see it back in the old location or further south but 51st and Mingo is doable.

I'm excited to see this venture as a possibility! I have such good memories of Average Joe's and my family absolutely loved it.

Good luck!

Michael Brown

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome news!

I always had a good time and loved the food.

I wish I could provide more input, but right now I can't think of much that would actually prove constructive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom