back pain relief

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have degenerative disk in my low back and recently lost my health insurance. Normally when it acts up i would just let the chiropractor fix me up but can't afford to go right now. Anybody know a good back pain remedy?

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have lots of drugs but don't take them because i need to perform at a higher level than i can achive on pain killers

bboswell

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wharton's Back Book, which you can buy used on Amazon for a few bucks, is a great investment. Their stretching and strengthening routines have helped me a great deal.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
K, I'm sending you a PM. Also, there is an accupressure guy at Quail Springs Mall. GC and I both go see him once a week or so. You'll think you're gonna come undone while he's working on you but I'll be damned if 20 minutes a week helps --A LOT. He's the difference in me being able to do exercises to keep my neck somewhat flexible and not.

OkieGentleman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
These are not for everyone, but I have used an inversion table for years. I have back problems, but a few minutes on an inversion table does wonders and my back may not give me trouble for months at a time. But now that I said that, they are not for everyone.

My younger brother used mine once, a number of years ago and it caused him some pain. He went to see his chiropractor and found out one leg was about 1/2 of an inch shorter than the other and when he had hung inverted from the inversion table, all his weight was on one hip and knee joint. He has never gotten back on my table since then, he also got 1/2 inch added to the heel of his left shoe and many of his back problems went away. I always warn people with that story.

I have had half a dozen people try out my table and most tell me they felt better after a session, I know I do. There are a number of U-Tubes about inversion tables and how to use them. I keep mine in the garage and set up, if I feel the need I just open it up and get on for a 20 minute session.

AmericanPatriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a tempur pedic bed really helps, yea its expensive but I really dont regret it at all after a couple of weeks on it. I have had a disk replacement and it really helps. Lots of gentle stretching also really helps.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can prop the foot of your bed up about an inch, or two. Lay on a heating pad to help it relax. I have alot of drugs, but I try not to take them. I have been cut on twice, so I know how it feels. It always gets bad when these damn cold fronts move in. Good luck.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found a tempur pedic bed really helps, yea its expensive but I really dont regret it at all after a couple of weeks on it. I have had a disk replacement and it really helps. Lots of gentle stretching also really helps.

I have a tempur pedic, sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees

Latest posts

Top Bottom