Backyard chickens under one acre in OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have 2 runs / houses of chickens, runs are 20x80 feet and housing is 8x8, but then we're on a bigger lot too. Our birds are mostly meat birds which lay pretty good as well. Each year we put up a mess of chicken and I also hatch chicks for the public. Last year we had a customer that took all we could hatch. I'll have to contact them and see if they're wanting this year. 50 cent price increase over last year, thank you Joe. With what's going on in the world I do believe more people are exploring the idea of producing they're own edibles. Good to see a positive change there, hopefully a good many folks employ the new permission granted. Given your lot size I would recommend a chick shaw, which you can see on utube.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that this is the wrong way to be thinking about this, but with the easy availability of Sam's Club and Costco $5 whole roasted chickens, I just can't make the math work. And, this wouldn't be a fun hobby for me (to make it worthwhile).

:anyone:
With "fluid" added. Dog doo, chicken chit, cow patties I'd be lost without them. And who didn't want me eating Jack's 2 for a dollar tacos.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know that this is the wrong way to be thinking about this, but with the easy availability of Sam's Club and Costco $5 whole roasted chickens, I just can't make the math work. And, this wouldn't be a fun hobby for me (to make it worthwhile).

:anyone:
I think most people raise them for the eggs. Even if the price doesn't make a ton of sense, you have an egg supply no matter what is going on with the world

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With "fluid" added. Dog doo, chicken chit, cow patties I'd be lost without them. And who didn't want me eating Jack's 2 for a dollar tacos.

I'd forgotten about the tacos!! :clap3:

Yeah, I understand about all the 'processed' stuff in those chickens. However, I'd be willing to bet that this generation raised on "chicken nuggets" would turn up their noses at real heirloom organic chicken --- the flavor would be foreign to them!

Latest posts

Top Bottom