Backyard chickens under one acre in OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have 2 runs / houses of chickens, runs are 20x80 feet and housing is 8x8, but then we're on a bigger lot too. Our birds are mostly meat birds which lay pretty good as well. Each year we put up a mess of chicken and I also hatch chicks for the public. Last year we had a customer that took all we could hatch. I'll have to contact them and see if they're wanting this year. 50 cent price increase over last year, thank you Joe. With what's going on in the world I do believe more people are exploring the idea of producing they're own edibles. Good to see a positive change there, hopefully a good many folks employ the new permission granted. Given your lot size I would recommend a chick shaw, which you can see on utube.
Edibles-- 😯

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know my neighbors wouldn’t have cared before this new ordinance, but if any of the Karen’s caught wind of chicken’s in our backyard they would have lost their mind. I’m excited about this, and there isn’t anything in our HOA Covenant that says otherwise.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the soon to be set new rules for owning OKC chickens you can't let them out of the coop.
So you will be hard pressed to eliminate bugs in the yard unless you have a chicken tractor of big size because
you must supply either 4 or 8 sq ft per bird.
I say 4 or 8 because they typoed that in the rules. Read it.

You can't butcher them outside.
Wow what a mess inside that would be.

Only 6 hens no roosters if I read that right.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the soon to be set new rules for owning OKC chickens you can't let them out of the coop.
So you will be hard pressed to eliminate bugs in the yard unless you have a chicken tractor of big size because
you must supply either 4 or 8 sq ft per bird.
I say 4 or 8 because they typoed that in the rules. Read it.

You can't butcher them outside.
Wow what a mess inside that would be.

Only 6 hens no roosters if I read that right.
I hang a deer in back yard. I clean ducks on tail gate in driveway. Fish.... ha! Chickens won't be treated special.

Latest posts

Top Bottom