Balls... she has them, and it's about damn time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unable to "Vietnamize" the war, Moscow has intensified its effort to brutalize the Afghan population into submis-sion. The central theme of Soviet occupation is one of
sheer and inhuman brutality. Most of the atrocities visited on the population are the result of calculation. They are not the misfortunes of collateral damage. Whole sectors of
the country have become free fire zones. In areas where Soviet convoys have been attacked, ground and air forces have raided villages, destroyed crops, and bayonetted women
and children.19 Small antipersonnel mines disguised as ballpoint pens, books and watches have been air dropped indiscriminately with the intent of maiming the rebels and
their supporters.20 Most victims have been children and livestock. A Red Cross hospital in Pakistan now specializes in amputees.21

An incident occurred in 1981 in which twelve rebel sympathizers were executed by running over them with tanks.22
Irrigation wells are systematically polluted, refugee columns are strafed, and camps in Pakistan are subjected to air raids.
On September 13, 1982 one hundred and five civilian males who had fled to the shelter of a tunnel were incin-erated alive when Soviet troops pumped gasoline into the
tunnel and ignited it with rifle fire.23

Although the popular press in the United States has avoided or equivocated on this issue, there is no doubt about Soviet use of lethal chemical agents in Afghanistan.
The State Department reports 59 separate incidents in 15 provinces.24 Lethal agents include persistent and non persistent varieties including tricotlecene toxins which
kill in a particularly painful and spectacular fashion, with predictable psychological effects.25 This fact of the war will be addressed in more detail in a following chapter.

In short, Soviet policy includes a combination off scorched earth and migratory genocide. Cruelty and atro-cities characterize the Soviet effort in Afghanistan.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/1985/SKJ.htm

Scorched earth or subjugation? Any war that features such an enormous disparity of force, yet manages to last a decade wouldn't qualify in my book. I see the Afghan war as more of a "See, we can sustain a Vietnam type war too!". Even the otherwise brutal Russians didn't have the heart to win it.

Sadly, to win a war in the Afghan region would require extermination of an entire population. They wallow in greed, corruption, poverty and ignorance, yet they consider themselves superior and refuse to entertain outside influence. They're too dumb and stubborn to ever surrender unconditionally, so the best policy is to never go there in the first place. As you stated before, the justification for invading Afghanistan was to kill OBL and destroy al-queda. Well they haven't been there for a long time, so what the hell are we still doing there? Absolutley nothing we do there now or in the future will have any impact on how Afghanistan is run or the threat to the U.S. So it's past time to GTFO.

But I digress, Graham is an idiot and a RINO, so I enjoy watching anyone who takes him to task.
:D

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As you stated before, the justification for invading Afghanistan was to kill OBL and destroy al-queda. Well they haven't been there for a long time, so what the hell are we still doing there? Absolutley nothing we do there now or in the future will have any impact on how Afghanistan is run or the threat to the U.S. So it's past time to GTFO.
To tell you the truth, I think the only real reason we are still there is this:

As soon as we leave, OBL and AQ will move right back in country shouting victory and death to infidels and all that.
No one in the WH or the Pentagon wants to see that happen on their watch.
It reeks of defeat and that is to be avoided at all costs.

But I digress, Graham is an idiot and a RINO, so I enjoy watching anyone who takes him to task.
:D
Can't argue with you there either.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"So what Lindsay Graham wants to do is elevate the totalitarian system, masquerading as a religion, called Islam, to a status which supercedes and overrides the Constitution..."

This is why the internet will destroy us. Now anyone can be a pundit, even people who read WAY too far into things, and become over-dramatic and bombastic about things they don't understand.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wat a minute....we can burn the American flag, the bible, the cross, pictures of politicians,etc but we can't burn an example of the one thing that unites our enemies against us???

WTF is wrong with everyone in this country? Has everyone gone dipsh!t? These people of RADICAL islam want each and every one of us DEAD!!

What I find offensive is that we allow these a$%holes, that are anti american leaders from abroad, come to this country to lead protests against our way of life, religion and most of all the FREEDOM to do as we choose rather than follow the blind, draconian, teachings of a truly evil people.

My wife's threat of divorce is the only thing that keeps me from buying a truckload of korans, setting them on fire and dancing a$$ naked around them and putting it on youtube.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or recruit even more combatants to plant more IEDs that kill, mame or injure more of our soldiers... Sounds like a splendid idea.

WARNING HEAVY SARCASM BEING USED

I've been to A-stan for OEF IX in the Kunar Province along the Paki border and they don't need any reason to kill us other then them being savages.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wat a minute....we can burn the American flag, the bible, the cross, pictures of politicians,etc but we can't burn an example of the one thing that unites our enemies against us???

WTF is wrong with everyone in this country? Has everyone gone dipsh!t? These people of RADICAL islam want each and every one of us DEAD!!

What I find offensive is that we allow these a$%holes, that are anti american leaders from abroad, come to this country to lead protests against our way of life, religion and most of all the FREEDOM to do as we choose rather than follow the blind, draconian, teachings of a truly evil people.

My wife's threat of divorce is the only thing that keeps me from buying a truckload of korans, setting them on fire and dancing a$$ naked around them and putting it on youtube.

Sorry to hear of your divorce. Been there, done that, sucks.

Instead of a truckload of korans, just buy one, set it on a slab of bacon, set it on fire, piss on it and then post it on youtube.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your divorce. Been there, done that, sucks.

Instead of a truckload of korans, just buy one, set it on a slab of bacon, set it on fire, piss on it and then post it on youtube.

30BulletHoles=not divorced. As long as he doesnt do the naked burning koran dance on youtube.

Good idea with the pissing and bacon but I'd have to eat the bacon before pissing, cause I love bacon!!!!!

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think the reason a lot of people are concerned about it is that there's a very high probability that it has and will cost American lives. Maybe that doesn't mean anything to you? Once we get our kids out of that hell-hole I couldn't care less how many dimwits burn Korans. In the meantime I'm not a big fan of senselessly and capriciously jeopardizing the lives of other people's kids for no other reason than to call attention to some assclown.

Latest posts

Top Bottom