Bank Of Oklahoma Fees and Humor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weird. I worked in 3 different banks after high school & none of them charged to cash checks if they were drawn on our institution. But banks made ridiculous amount in lending back then, now that rates are so low they must be trying to make it up with fees. When I was in it hot checks is where the big bucks were made, I was blown away with how many people think nothing of overdrawing their account & just paying our NSF fees like that was just part of life.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
90% of all banks AND CREDIT UNIONS charge check cashing fees. I know this because I have been in the banking business for 10 years now. Some people get upset about it, but most understand its a fee for a service....just like any other business. Some people have it in their heads that we are just printing money in our back room, but that's not how it works. We have to order money from the FED(that cost money), then we have to have an armored truck deliver the money(that cost money), then we have to pay to insure the money that sits on our premises. One thing I can guarantee is that if you take that check to the bank where your accounts are at, then they won't charge you to cash it...just like BOK won't charge you to cash any checks, regardless of amount, if you are an account holder..... Not saying rather I agree or disagree with the check cashing fee, its the cost of business. And the truth is, banks aren't not for profit...and for people who like to say "we'll that's why I bank with a credit union"... It would make you sick to know how much they pay their VPs. They are in it for money too!

You sound like a...........Banker!!!

.Git a Rope.... ;)

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda sucks but I'm not goin to drop them or anything. I have 3 accounts with them and almost everyone at the Yukon branch or the Albertsons there in Bethany know me by name when I walk in. I'm sure most banks will follow suit if there not already. I also have a couple accounts at Tinker and I've always had great dealings with them. My business account is with BOK though and it's so convenient for me to get on my phone and transfer money around and make deposits.

I also have a free business checking with them. I use the albertsons/homeland location exclusively but rarely there. I do so much online or at the ATM just due to speed. Good people up there though. I won't need to switch with my direct deposit but my mom may end up wanting to due to changes.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got over $400 from a lawsuit with BOK I wasn't even involved in! Ha they just mailed me a check with a 3 page letter, Go figure!!

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got over $400 from a lawsuit with BOK I wasn't even involved in! Ha they just mailed me a check with a 3 page letter, Go figure!!

That was due to the class action lawsuit they had for overdraft fees of them taking the highest payment out first and then bouncing all the smaller purchases and making you pay a ton of overdraft fees instead of doing them in the order of purchases. Everyone that had overdraft fees got a percentage of it back.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I closed my BOK account due to fees since I was unable to do direct deposits, Looked around and found out IBC is very gun friendly. They allow open carry even !

Latest posts

Top Bottom