Barking Doberman Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our neighbor has a Doberman that barks whenever I or others go into our backyard. Is there a way to make friends with a dobie or other way to solve this annoying situation without making a neighbor into an enemy?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to toss hot dogs and doggie treats over the fence at my neighbors loud furbeasts. The dogs started liking me, the neighbors asked me to stop because "beggin strips aren't organic." So I bought a bunch of squeeky dollar toys and would toss one over the fence before I'd mow. They eventually started keeping them inside.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cant speak for a doberman specifically. Have had a few neighbors with noisy dogs. One about drove me nuts. I finally waited way to long to talk to neighbor. So I would start there. A couple neighbors where polite and tried to shut dogs up. One was an idiot.

If that dosent work. I have tried everything a couple dogs I actually trained to shut up with a cap gun. They barked I would shoot cap gun. Another nothing seemed to work. Then my wife figured out it would shutup when it heard talking. So we put a radio outside on talk radio. Finally after a while it just shut up. You may be able to put a radio out when your not at home and let him bark till he gets used to it. I tried all the other gimics you could find online nothing worked.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You gotta scream shut up in German!......uhhhhh I think they're German.....well, try it. Be sure to video it just in case it works!

Latest posts

Top Bottom