Getting ticks off dogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live out in the woods so my pups get these once a month pills from their doctor. No ticks no fleas no worms..... no problem.
20230619_103728.jpg

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't use bleach...you can blind the dog...plus it's too harsh on the skin...

Get some OTC flea and tick spray, powder....

Geeez....bleach....

Concentration matters. Health Dept requires cleaning with bleach, for food service. Hands are in bleach water constantly. Over concentrating can cause skin problems. 4 years in food service and never had cold or flu.

Avoiding eyes is no different than with other chemical sprays or dips.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We used the flea and tick collars around our legs at army summer camp. Never had a problem with either critter. Used them on dogs and cats ever since then.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Permethrin is your best bet unless you have cats. Then get rid of your cat and use permethrin. Hands down best tick killer and preventative you can buy. $20 bottle should last you a few years.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live out in the woods so my pups get these once a month pills from their doctor. No ticks no fleas no worms..... no problem.

Yep... We use the Simparica Trio. Kills ticks, fleas and protects against heartworm. It's the best anti tick/flea medicine I've ever used for Corgis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom