Bass Pro's Red Head Cold Weather System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
last year I picked up the CWS Parka
with some Christmas Money. I needed a new coat and something that would keep me dry in the cold rain we typically get. After several days of reading reviews I decided on the Red Head Cold Weather System gear. $140 was painful to spend even though 75 of it was on gift cards. First use of the parka was up in Woodward County during Holiday Antlerless. Obviously it was to cold for the deer but I didn't know it. 8 degrees was cold but my core stayed warm.

the next weekend I was in Colorado City, TX in a tripod stand in 30 degree weather with 25 mph winds hog hunting. I turned my back to the wind and was no longer concerned with the wind. the windproof claim is very accurate.

Yesterday I picked up the CWS Bibs I knew I was going to get wet. My current bibs are not waterproof and adding my lightweight rain gear over the bibs wouldn't work. Some of the reviews said they were not waterproof. I spent over 30 minutes on my knees in the rain gutting a deer this morning. When I got back in the truck the only thing wet was the last 6" of my jeans. they poked out the bottom of the bibs about an inch or so while I was on the ground.

Dry and warm. The bonus in the end was getting in the truck after huffing and puffing to get the deer loaded. usually I'd start ripping off the insulated layers to cool off. No need. The breathable feature works. I can't explain how you can be kept warm and not over heat once back in the heated truck. But it works.

If you want a good set of insulated, windproof and waterproof gear. Check out the Cold Weather System from Bass Pro.

Latest posts

Top Bottom