Bears do it, what are your plans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As one who has put hours into thinking about things, I have come to a few conclusions.

With very little "Google foo" I discovered that TP wasn't invented until 1857. That the Chinese were u s ing a version of TP in like 587ish AD. TP came into fashion by Europeans in 14 or 16 something AD.

Today over half the world still doesn't use TP at all and the almost half that do use TP regularly doesn't always use it.

This has lead me to the conclusion That TP isn't really all that important during a shtf situation. Due to the stress and diet during shtf there are 2 possibilities. Your poop will either be rock hard due to diet or stress, thus not much need for TP or you will have diarrhea due to diet, stress or disease, in which case you will either run out rapidly or TP will be the least of your true worries.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As one who has put hours into thinking about things, I have come to a few conclusions.

With very little "Google foo" I discovered that TP wasn't invented until 1857. That the Chinese were u s ing a version of TP in like 587ish AD. TP came into fashion by Europeans in 14 or 16 something AD.

Today over half the world still doesn't use TP at all and the almost half that do use TP regularly doesn't always use it.

This has lead me to the conclusion That TP isn't really all that important during a shtf situation. Due to the stress and diet during shtf there are 2 possibilities. Your poop will either be rock hard due to diet or stress, thus not much need for TP or you will have diarrhea due to diet, stress or disease, in which case you will either run out rapidly or TP will be the least of your true worries.

Can you clarify those dates...that really confused me

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Iran my family used a hose with water coming out of it. If you've never tried that, you should. It makes you feel clean like nothing else.

If I were in the woods, I would walk a fair distance away and dig a hole and use the TP that is in my B.O.B. For longer durations, I'd build an outhouse and learn to use the right leaves.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This may make reciprocity regarding Post 12 a little distasteful to some. Not all, butt some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom