Beretta M9/92F: OSA's Opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beretta 92F/M9 is....

• An excellent fighting pistol.

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • A viable option, but not my first choice.

Votes: 60 61.2%
  • A piece of ****.

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty sure he was right on with the "You'll never get it" comment.

Here's some recommended reading for you:

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Sarcasm_for_dummies_by_PoisonHeart555.jpg

I read that book and look what happened to me....

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The exposed barrel sucks, people burn themselves on it all the time. The enormous ejection port will catch your big fat hands and pinch the **** out of them. The slide mounted safety is too easy to accidentally engage when pulling the slide to the rear. Having 2 different trigger pulls sucks to get used to. Other than that the gun works.

I know the barrel gets hot on these guns, but I can't ever say I've burned myself on it. However, I can see how someone might to that if they're used to racking the slide by grabbing the gun over the top, palm down.

However, I'm having trouble imagining how someone would get their hand caught in the ejection port while firing. Has this ever happened to you? If so, what was going on with your hand position?

Never have accidentally tripped the safety on mine (neither on the Beretta slide-mount or the Taurus frame-mount variants).

Reaction score
I voted that it is EXCELLENT as a fighting pistol, but it depends on what is important to the user.

I want:

High Capacity (Mine holds 21 rounds of 9mm)
Long Track history (The 92/M9 definitely has that)
Reliable/Accurate/Strong (Mine is all of those)
Ability to 'Personalize' - Mine has CT grips, TLR-1, Tritium sights and a Trident 9 Suppressor.
DA/SA & Safety/Decocker - Mine is.

So for me, it has all the things that I find important in a "Fighting Pistol"...Plus, it is ergonomically great and a very classic design.

Mine is a 92A1 (Light rail) and it is perfect for me.

i29.photobucket.com_albums_c253_jasondcunningham_92a2.jpg

Nice can!

Latest posts

Top Bottom