Berry's Bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to restock on some reloading components from Berry's Bullets and they have a message up that's becoming more common place lately.

DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND WE'RE NOT ABLE TO TAKE ANY MORE ORDERS UNTIL WE CATCH UP. CURRENT ORDERS ARE 6-8 MONTHS OUT, WE'RE WORKING 24/7 TO CLEAR OUT THE CURRENT ORDERS AND AS SOON AS WE HAVE CAPACITY WE'LL MAKE THOSE PRODUCTS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB.

Guess I'll have to find a new source for the foreseeable future. :cry11:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
good luck on that. Even many of the lead bullet folks are 6 weeks or more back ordered. Check with precision delta, they are nearer a month out, but locally there is j&k for lead if you can use that.

SPCAS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad I got my order in a couple weeks ago. At least it's on the back order list. I love Berry's. tried FMJ but quality was not as good

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Casting bullets is probably the cheapest part of reloading i do..
Do you guys cast any of your own?
357mag revolver cast from wheel weights in lee mold
And a 30-30 Lee cast 170gr bullet. wheel weights again. The flier i have eliminated by turning all the necks to .010" thickness on my model 94 30-30..the thinnest measured .010" and thick ones measured almost .014" that was causing fliers

lexington 004.jpg

lexington 003.jpg

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I just started using JK this year for my .45, Guess I'll have to look into an aftermarket barrel for my G17 so i can use the cast there too

I'm sure you've read differently, however, you do not have to have an aftermarket barrel to shoot lead through your glock... I shoot the hell out of some J&k bullets, mitch is a great guy and is always working and doing all he can to get orders completed....

--Mech

gallk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure you've read differently, however, you do not have to have an aftermarket barrel to shoot lead through your glock... I shoot the hell out of some J&k bullets, mitch is a great guy and is always working and doing all he can to get orders completed....

--Mech

I've always heard about leading issues. I ran some lead through my 36 (100 rounds) and had some build up. Not terrible but... Do you get any leading?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In all my guns i shoot lead from, i get less leading than i get copper build up.
My 357mag will have zero leading after 100 rounds..
When i played with softer lead i got leading in my guns..when i sized too small i got leading no matter what hardness the lead was.

I can push lead at 600-700 fps that is on the softer side and no issues..jack it up to 800-1300+ and the soft does not work well

Latest posts

Top Bottom