Best AK on the Market?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Never been a fan but something is telling me I need an AK rifle.

So here is the question ... What manufacturer makes the best AK on the market today? Or is asking this question like asking what is the "best brand of private label peanut butter?"

Up until a few months ago, I was really happy with my bolt action rifles, my M1A and a Winchester Trapper. Then I got an AR. Now I am thinking AK.

If there is a manufacturer that you think makes the best AK ... what is it and why? Thanks!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am sure you will get a lot of opinions on this subject. Just remember to try to shoot as many as you can to see which shoots and handles best for you. After shooting many AK 47s, a few years ago I settled on the Arsenal AK 47. I love this rifle. It is good and tight, has no play in it at all and is one of my most accurate rifles. Arsenal makes the very best AK 47s out there. IMHO.
Good luck!
Arsenal Russian AK 47.jpg

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My personal experience is with Arsenal brand AK platforms too. I bought a Arsenal SA M7 milled steel receiver used for $485. Then around ten years ago drove to a dealer in Blackwell, Ok to buy a new full buttstock sidefolder SLR 107CR for $900. They both shoot nearly the same accuracy wise, out to 200yds. Battlesight zero, rear sight set all the way to the rear. Front sight zeroed with the AK/SKS sight adjustment tool. 100 percent reliable function, combat accurate all ammo tried. Both carbines show preference for different manufacturers ammo. Winchester white box and Wolf brand Military.

Latest posts

Top Bottom