Best BBQ place around OKC is...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, this went from "the best BBQ places" to "list every BBQ joint in OK good or bad".
Wild horse Mt. was very good but I havent been in 10-15 years.
AFAIC it improved with new indoor bathrooms, seating and the old man no longer runs it. It used to be nicknamed "nasties" because the old man always had a fat cigar in his mouth with a 2" ash waiting to fall. We speculated he ashed it in the beans.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, this went from "the best BBQ places" to "list every BBQ joint in OK good or bad".
AFAIC it improved with new indoor bathrooms, seating and the old man no longer runs it. It used to be nicknamed "nasties" because the old man always had a fat cigar in his mouth with a 2" ash waiting to fall. We speculated he ashed it in the beans.

In case you didn't notice, some even mentioned places in other states.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Back then to a person driving by it looked like a place to avoid. Nothing comfortable and homey about it.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leo’s is still the best in OKC. Just make sure to get there closer to 11 or they’ll run out of the good stuff.
For a chain restaurant, Billy Sims is pretty good.

Avoid Spencer’s, Swadley’s and Railhead.
Spencer’s used to be alright, but for the last 2-3 years it’s taken a straight nose dive and they just do not care. It’s all but ran by their teenage staff. Been there on 2 occasions within the last 2 years and had the same awful experience each time. Tasted like a microwave dinner.

Just my .02

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a late afternoon doctor appointment today and we're thinking about just grabbing a bite afterwards.....we've never tried Dickey's BBQ in Norman, is it any good ?

There used to be a Dickey's in MWC. Hands down the WORST excuse for BBQ I've eaten in my entire life....

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There used to be a Dickey's in MWC. Hands down the WORST excuse for BBQ I've eaten in my entire life....

The one in Tulsa shut down. Just couldn't keep any business. I tried it once and it was pretty awful. I'd rather go to Rudy's even (but still not Earl's).

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think part of it is because while there's some decent places in OKC, no one of them is head and shoulders above the others. So everyone's preference gets listed.

In Tulsa, I'd say there's plenty of good places but IMHO (and several others!) Burn Co. is firmly positioned above them. I'm not sure there's a singular stand out joint like that in OKC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom