Best budget scope brand for the money???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, that's hard to say. I used to be able to pick a brand that I could use for all around, but not anymore. I will tell you, for a 22lr, this is my all time favorite scope. I actually have two of them. near the bottom of your budget too. Several guys on here have these, and can prob back me up on this. Its pretty clear, and for plinking or hunting its great.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-6x-scope-with-the-patented-acss-22lr-reticle

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As stated, the Nikons are great scopes for the money, and used ones aren’t too hard to come by. The Burris fullfields are pretty decent for the money too, $110ish for the 3-9x40. I’ve got a couple of 10-15 year old 3-9s and like them quite a bit for what they are. My brother has two of the newer higher magnification fullfields and I know he likes those. Most if not all of the fullfields fall in your price range. They’re not the best scopes, but they’re a decent value in my opinion.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Nikon P223 4-12 for sale .
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/nikon-p223-4-12x40-140.349396/
And I could give up one of my 3-9 Nikon scopes.
I have been hooked on the Chicom Redfields lately.
Those are Academy sports house brand now with Lifetime warranty through them and many on sale now.
I would go to a store and look at those and see if you like them if you want something brand new.
Heck look through many scopes, they have all different brands .
If I have to use a warranty on any piece of hunting equipment, whatever customer service person draws the short straw and has to take my call is probably going to hear some cussing, because in my experience, nothing ever breaks when you’re at home practicing. It waits until you’re 500 miles from home on a hunt to crap out.…Excalibur Micro crossbow. :censored:
I’ve owned a bunch of scopes and shot with a bunch of people, and I can only recall one time that a buddy actually had a broken scope. Fortunately for him, the bad scope was discovered at the range and not when his grandkid was trying to kill a deer. I don’t remember it being a Redfield, but it was a low end scope from Academy.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't bought a scope in ages, and had never heard of the Monstrum brand. If I were shopping, I would give them very serious consideration. Looking at them on Amazon, they have a number of First Focal Plane scopes in various magnifications/configurations for under $300!

Latest posts

Top Bottom