Best tactical pants? 5.11, Vertex? Where can I get me some?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got an assortment of ACU, BDU, and DCU pants as well as one pair of full weight 5.11s. I've had those 5.11s for 7 years and they've lasted me through more than a half dozen shooting/self defense classes, 2 run and guns, hunting trips and more than 6 months in Iraq.

There might be better "tactical" type pants out there but if I ever need to buy more, I'd be prone to go 5.11 just from my personal experience with that pair.

Knight92

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My personal favorite is Vertx . I have/had 5.11/LA Police Gear/ Tru-Spec/Blackhawk and Vertx. I don't like the front pockets on my pants, so one knock on 5.11. 5.11 makes my wallet sit way to deep and actually bothers my mid thigh when sitting for any length of time. The LA Police gear for the price was good have been thinking about getting another couple pair for work. Love my Tru-Spec but they are the full weight 100% cotton so only get worn during the cold months. Blackhawk, I have a pair of the ultra light weights pants and they are great but to small in my "area" and show things which should not be seen if I am not careful. Then there is Vertx, by all means try everything else out then get a pair of them! I love the Vertx pants they are the light weight non-rip version. They don't scream "tactical pants", which my wife hates, the "tactical look"! They actually look like casual cargo pants. They don't have the double butt coverage upside down U in the butt like BDU'S and LA Police gear pants have. Vertx.com if you sign up has deals about once a quarter or so and the same with LA Police gear. There is a dealer in OKC according to their site:

SPECIAL OPS UNIFORMS 2921 NW 10th Street
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73107 417-437-0708 417-437-6947 405-946-3504

I have a friend that has lived in Blackhawks for about 6+ years and just this last fall switched to Vertx and the designer of the pants Arcy'Tex (sp?) He loves the 2 brands more than the others he had tried. On the flip side my sisters lives in her Propper pants in part because the black keeps true longer than a lot of other pants which is critical for her job. If you base your decision on a belt then all the above has been wasted time

/rant

Why are pants "tactical" just because, they are well put together and offer an extra pocket or 3 this really bugs me. Why can't all our pants be well put together and well thought out like 5.11, Propper,Blackhawk,Vertx etc. Why must they be the sorry crap pants JCP, Dillards, Walmart, Target, Sears, Macy's sells for the same price, and lower quality? Sorry

/End rant

Latest posts

Top Bottom