Best way to save iCloud Photos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has A LOT of photos in iCloud that she wants saved somewhere safe. When I say a lot, I’m talking probably 20,000+ plus. I’ve been downloading them to an external hard drive which is time consuming and not the best organized.

What’s the best way to do it and is there a company in OKC that will do it for me?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you trying to download them directly from the phone or using the icloud web interface? Do you have an apple computer that is synced with the same cloud account by chance?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't tested the 'what happens next', but you can log into icloud via the web and get to your photos. From there you can download images, and can even 'select all'. I don't know if it will give you an eventual error or stop you from downloading them that way, but you might try it.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We’re trying ti get them off of iCloud and on some sort of permanent backup device so that we can have an extra copy in the event something happens to our iCloud.

She currently has them on her phone and iCloud abs I do have access to them accessing iCloud on the web.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Icloud is one of those gimmicks I always turn off on my wife and kids' phones. It's just a way to give their AI more data on you and everyone you love. It's feeding Skynet.

So, the only way to get all of them is to download icloud for windows and sign in to apple. Then select photos, then select icloud photo library. Select "Download new photos and videos to my pc" and select a folder for it.
Click Done.
On the next screen click apply and it should start downloading. Once it's done, delete icloud for windows and turn that crap off on her phone and any ipads so you never have to do it again. Good luck!

Last edited:

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Icloud is one of those gimmicks I always turn off on my wife and kids' phones. It's just a way to give their AI more data on you and everyone you love. It's feeding Skynet.

So, the only way to get all of them is to download icloud for windows and sign in to apple. Then select photos, then select icloud photo library. Select "Download new photos and videos to my pc" and select a folder for it.
Click Done.
On the next screen click apply and it should start downloading. Once it's done, delete icloud for windows and turn that crap off on her phone and any ipads so you never have to do it again. Good luck!
I agree but my wife loves her photos

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you've got several apple devices (or devices in the family), icloud has some use. It's nice to have things synced across all devices and apple photos has a nice feature that allows us to share pictures to family lots of different family with just a few clicks.

If you're running a mac, and that computer is synced to icloud, the pictures will appear there and can easily be downloaded. There should also be a way for you to plug the phone into a computer and access the images that way, though it's been a while since i've had to go that route since things sync to my computer wirelessly at this point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom