BIble for Men/fathers/husbands suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking to get myself a life application study bible. I want something that will challenge my mind and not just bore me. Understand that I have never been a bible reader but I am finding that I want to be so I need something to help me with that. I have looked at this

glow-201x300.jpg

but it seemed like it was geared towards teenagers. I want something geared towards a man/husband/father. What suggestions do you all have for me?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Catholic Study Bible in the New American Edition.
Catholic means Thorough. Don't let that word put you off.
I also like King James for poetry.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or just wait until the Jehovah's Witnesses show up at your door and they will be glad to help you! Or in the spring the Morman's will be at your door.:teehee:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then the book I suggested is the one you should start with. Just jump around at random. It's a big fat book and there's tons of stuff in there. I grew up Baptist BTW

Edit: I meant this post for Streak.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or just wait until the Jehovah's Witnesses show up at your door and they will be glad to help you! Or in the spring the Morman's will be at your door.:teehee:

thanks but I will pass.... did have some show up at my door when I was in college. They left once they figured out we were still drunk from the night before. That sure taught us to sleep it off in the recliners with just the screen door closed.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then the book I suggested is the one you should start with. Just jump around at random. It's a big fat book and there's tons of stuff in there. I grew up Baptist BTW

Edit: I meant this post for Streak.

You dont just read it front to back? Is it easier to read that way?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks but I will pass.... did have some show up at my door when I was in college. They left once they figured out we were still drunk from the night before. That sure taught us to sleep it off in the recliners with just the screen door closed.
Some of my grandfather's people were witnesses, so I have an effetive technique to send them down the road with no hurt feelings. Religion is an art. Don't be an *******.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of my grandfather's people were witnesses, so I have an effetive technique to send them down the road with no hurt feelings. Religion is an art. Don't be an *******.

We were far from assholes, just obliviously still slurred speech cant barely stand up drunk. I think we said maybe 8 words to the guys. We really didn't know what was going on until they left. Back in those days it was SOP to just yell come in and lean the recliners back to you could see who was coming in the door....we were young and uninformed.

Front to back will be a good start, but you don't have to read it that way.

SPOILER ALERT: The hero dies in the middle.

LOL, I got that. I just want to be able to know the bible better. I am now a first united Methodist. and get very intimidated around my current crowd as they can just about all give direct quotes from the bible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom