Biden uses Sacramento shooting to push gun control agenda: 'We must do more than mourn; we must act'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...agenda-we-must-do-more-than-mourn-we-must-act
"We also continue to call on Congress to act," he said. "Ban ghost guns. Require background checks for all gun sales. Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Repeal gun manufacturers’ immunity from liability. Pass my budget proposal, which would give cities more of the funding they need to fund the police and fund the crime prevention and intervention strategies that can make our cities safer. These are just a few of the steps Congress urgently needs to take to save lives."

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Parenting has a LOT to do with. Being a good parent doesn't ensure your child will turn out perfect but it's a great start. And having BOTH parents in the home as role models is even better. It's not about making your kids like you, it's about making them responsible citizens.

Of course, that's not the only problem. And banning guns or magazines or anything else isn't going to stop or solve these problems. It's not just insane to suggest they will, it's a downright lie.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Parenting has zero to do with it.
My kids are nothing like me and I am nothing like my parents.
My wife is nothing like her parents either thank goodness.

Felons with firearms with history of violent crimes are the problems.
Try and fix that.
Here is one guy they arrested so far.
Lets make gangs illegal while we are at it.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sacramento-shooting-suspect-dandrae-martin-history-violent-crime/
It is a tough thing to say that we don't have as much control as parents as we like to think we do, but traits like narcissism and psycopathy are genetic. The best we can try to do as parents is guide our kids down a productive and self aware path. Sometimes our kids do far better than our guidance alone provided and sometimes they are incapable of escaping the pitfalls of self absorption.

Taking all of that into account, a real crummy parental figure(s) can absolutely wreck a kid that couldve turned into something amazing as well. It isn't automatic damnation by any stretch, but it definitely stacks the odds against them.

All of that is just my opinion of course. I used to go to the human genome project conferences out of sheer curiosity and the year they covered discovering a common set of genetic flags amongst people that are not capable of showing any signs of empathy was a pretty scary thought.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course he did. I’m sure he ain’t the only one that will do it. They always use tragedies to gain more power and control over us. California has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation and yet look at what happened again. No gun law is gonna prevent this. But removing every gun law we have will help. Bad people are gonna do bad stuff. That’s just the way it is.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Dimwits will never do actual research and discover that gun laws only affect law abiding citizens. Being soft on violent crime sentencing and enforcing laws already in place would make more sense but they don’t want to admit that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom