Big Texan Steak Challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my late brother in law, he talked about this for years. He said there was a lot of grub to make disappear.
D3CBAD6E-6B8A-4418-AED9-57AB331A8FE4.png

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Per their web site, looks like Joey Chestnut holds the time record at 8 minutes 52 seconds on 3/24/08.

That is not the updated record, in fact the current record holder ate a second meal faster than his record. A 125# girl has this record that I doubt will ever get beat. She's been there twice, shattered Chestnut's record the first time, ate two meals in 14mins 58secs. Her second visit she beat her first record and ate 3 meals in 20 minutes flat. Now it's not about who can finish one meal, who can do it again, and again and then under 20 minutes. She ate 3 meals in less time than most people can eat one, less than half the time actually.

Here are the individual times for 3 meals she ate on that day
4-19-15
Molly Schuyler 4:18 1st meal Current record for one meal
Molly Schuyler 7:29 2nd meal
Molly Schuyler 8:13 3rd meal

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have driven by this place a million times on my way to Vegas and back home to Edmond. One time my wife and I stopped and looked around in the restaurant...I guess we weren't that impressed as we moved on down the road and ate at Gardunos(as always) in Albuquerque.

Amarillo_Texas_Big_Texan_Steak2_2005-05-29.jpg

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
We’ve been there 3 times and watched people try it all 3 times. No one finished it. But for the price, it’s not bad if you don’t finish it. We were always traveling, so we couldn’t take the rest to go.

the regular steaks are mediocre. The cheese cake rocks, though.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting to poke around on their site, looking at the winners.

2020-present, there are a lot of guys that have some serious weight on them.

But the shining star is the 112lb German girl that completed it... :)

We stopped there once on the way to Yuma one year, for me it was nothing special. Now every time I go by it on 40 there is no desire to stop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom