Bill Mahr Is An Idiot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When he said that the 2nd amendment is outdated because the gov't has tanks and bombers and F-22s and nukes, it got me thinking.

Those tanks, bombers, and F-22s took nearly a decade to deal with Iraqi insurgents and 1) we didn't get them all and 2) they weren't our countrymen.

Those in the military aren't Nazi machines who blindly follow orders, we teach all levels of leadership to only follow lawful orders. If I was given orders to attack a U.S. city, I think I might not be able to follow that order. I don't think a single U.S. serviceman (or woman) would ever use a nuclear weapon on American soil, even if it was to quash a rebellion. Hell, look at the U.S. Civil War. You bet the military would be divided on which side to join, they're people too, they have families and homes. The modern military does a good job of moving everyone around so it's harder to just go home and join your state/city/town, but it's still possible.

So if there was a legitimate reason for the forcible removal of the governmental leadership, the armed civilian populace advocating change would be joined by many military bases and their compliment of aircraft, tanks, ships, and most importantly, their soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen. And if a tyrannical government did somehow convince a military or law enforcement agency to enact illegal measures upon my community and my family, I'd rather take my rifle and fight that tank, that F-22, or that entire infantry division than just go quietly into the night. If third world nations can beat back a modern military, why can't an American city? Oh... that's right... gun bans.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I think the First Amendment is really outdated. I mean, I didn't grow up in a household with free speech. I didn't go out during election season and "exercise" my free speech. My dad never took me to public forum to learn the rules of free speech. I just don't feel comfortable with other people using their First Amendment rights. Maybe if they had a permit, but only if they underwent several months of free speech training and passed a rapid-fire test of logic. Personally even that is pushing it. I think the only ones who should exercise free speech are politicians. It's just too dangerous to let others do it.

THIS! Is great.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When he said that the 2nd amendment is outdated because the gov't has tanks and bombers and F-22s and nukes, it got me thinking.

Those tanks, bombers, and F-22s took nearly a decade to deal with Iraqi insurgents and 1) we didn't get them all and 2) they weren't our countrymen.

Those in the military aren't Nazi machines who blindly follow orders, we teach all levels of leadership to only follow lawful orders. If I was given orders to attack a U.S. city, I think I might not be able to follow that order. I don't think a single U.S. serviceman (or woman) would ever use a nuclear weapon on American soil, even if it was to quash a rebellion. Hell, look at the U.S. Civil War. You bet the military would be divided on which side to join, they're people too, they have families and homes. The modern military does a good job of moving everyone around so it's harder to just go home and join your state/city/town, but it's still possible.

So if there was a legitimate reason for the forcible removal of the governmental leadership, the armed civilian populace advocating change would be joined by many military bases and their compliment of aircraft, tanks, ships, and most importantly, their soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen. And if a tyrannical government did somehow convince a military or law enforcement agency to enact illegal measures upon my community and my family, I'd rather take my rifle and fight that tank, that F-22, or that entire infantry division than just go quietly into the night. If third world nations can beat back a modern military, why can't an American city? Oh... that's right... gun bans.

You sir, are correct. Wish someone would have said that on the show.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

the only people who would listen to the government in this situation would be the.....ATF!

Latest posts

Top Bottom