Blowout ammo sale at Gun World!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my daughter to their range today (best range in the city IMO) and on the way out, saw they had 1,000 round cases of Tula 9mm for $900.00, and .223 cases of 1,000 for $1,650. Just thought I would give OSA a heads up.

Do you think that stuff sells at that price? They also had absolute rack fulls of ARs and AKs, even HK91 type guns, but I did not approach the counters. They did have a store full of customers.

My 8 year old is a dead eye with the 10/22.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They stay in business on a less is more approach. Instead of selling 10 guns a day at $50 profit their model is to find one or two suckers and sell 2-3 guns at $200+ profit. Someone will probably pay that much, a sucker is born every day.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took my daughter to their range today (best range in the city IMO) and on the way out, saw they had 1,000 round cases of Tula 9mm for $900.00, and .223 cases of 1,000 for $1,650. Just thought I would give OSA a heads up.

Do you think that stuff sells at that price? They also had absolute rack fulls of ARs and AKs, even HK91 type guns, but I did not approach the counters. They did have a store full of customers.

My 8 year old is a dead eye with the 10/22.

I'm sure they sell some ammo and guns (low volume, high margin) in 1994 a glock magazine went from 15.00 to 60 or 70.00 overnight. There are people that have nothing and are desperate to buy anything that might be banned....hence the frenzy.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$1650 for 1000 rds of .223 doesn't sound like a bargain to me.

He said "heads up," and didn't use the word "bargain" even once that I saw.

This is just one more person discovering the wonder that is Gunworld.

Having said that, I bought a mini-14 20 round Ruger factory mag there just before the panic for about 20 bucks. All I can figure is that it was mismarked. They had another for $40. After the panic hit I stopped in, and it was still there, so I scooped it up. These were used but like new. Factory new price, when they were available, wasn't far from $40 as I recall.

I only go there for the entertainment--one of my sons works on South Sunnylane, so I am occasionallly in the neighborhood.

I have spoken with several other gun retailers in this area, and Gunworld is an embarrassment to all of them. Their main objection is that if someone new to guns gets screwed there, they may tend to generalize Gunworld's tactics to other dealers.

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't want to hijack this thread but wanting advice. I have too much PMC 223 and wondering if $700 for a sealed 1000 round case is fair? I have a couple of extra cases I may want to sell to get some cash.

Thanks,
ARG

Latest posts

Top Bottom