Bombing after Manchester, UK concert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's different. One is heat of the moment thought process, like what happened after 9/11, and the other is a ****ing mental disorder.
Perhaps. The SJWs have thrown all logic and reasoning to the wind. I'm sure a lot of people called the hippies of the 60s and 70s crqzy as well and we survived. It is yet to be seen if we can survive the SJWs.
But, still, heat of the moment thoughts processes have produced some very bad reactions throughout history: Cystallnacht, Japanese Internment, among others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Germany and Japan were also homogenous, centralized nation states. the countries we're dealing with in the Middle East, such as Iraq and Afghanistan, are nation states in name only. In reality, they're a bunch of disparate tribes and sects. Some Afghanis don't even understand the concept of Afghanistan and have never even been to the Capitol, Kabul. In fact, some have only heard of the nearest major city as a form of rumour from others who have traveled there.
That's somewhat true. Afghanistan is a nation of tribes with War Lords that rule over their region.
Other Muslim countries not so, or country's ruled by dictators like South Korea.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's somewhat true. Afghanistan is a nation of tribes with War Lords that rule over their region.
Other Muslim countries not so, or country's ruled by dictators like South Korea.

I think the difference lies in culture. Asian culture is less tribal than middle eastern culture.

There is a theory that certain groups of humans managed to develop faster as a result of agriculture and climate. Europeans and East Asians had abundant agriculture and the climate was not conducive to the sort of diseases prevalent in the tropical regions. As a result, humans in these areas were able to settle down and develop long-term civilizations in cities.

Some areas, like the Middle East and Africa, spent thousands of years as nomadic tribesmen. That sort of lifestyle is not good for the maintenance of civilization. It's hard to support massive populations without agriculture and only as hunter-gatherers. Areas like these have not developed as well as E.G. South Korea(east asian country) had.

So you have a culture that is still very backwards and tribal, vs a country that is very homogenous and civilized.

Places like Iraq and Libya were ruled by brutal dictators, who, similar to Syria, ruled over their countries by simply putting their tribe/ethnic/religious group as superior to all the others. and then violently and brutally oppressed everyone else. They were not like South Korea, a homogenous, culturally unified and prosperous nation-state. They were simply a tribal nation that was ruled over by a small sect of the country.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sadly hearts and minds was working in I Corps vietnam until the head cheese westmoreland decided and ordered search and destroy. the Brute, Lt General Victor Krulak wrote the USMC manual on counter insurgency and came close to forced retirement because he resisted westmoreland for a very long time. we had squads and platoons, civil action groups, in the villes providing security and training. the average vietnamese only cared about growing rice to feed his family, politics was not in their wheel house. the rice was grown in coastal areas and Krulak rightly discerned that keeping the VC and NVA away from the coastal villes would limit their ability to function in the field as they simply stole the farmers rice. so,,,instead of protecting the population we went chasing the NVA up into the mountains and highlands. the NVA, whom we called Mr Charles, was a well trained trooper and a master of the ambush, in his home terrain he held the advantage. on the coast protecting the farmers we held the advantage, westmoreland was unfit for command IMO

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Spent allot of damn time killing and trying not to be killed by bad guys over there, my emotion I guess is a bit different than some. I lost a marriage and all that goes with it, I lost men and what goes with that. I saw suicide bombers blow up 24 school kids without care. A bomber blow up 59 people at a voting station to hinder elections. Acid attacks on schoolgirls, cutting the fingers off those who had voting ink on them. I could go on and on. I hate the idea of that coming to our country with all my soul. I apologise for over reacting in previous posts. It truly is a very hot topic for me.

David

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sadly hearts and minds was working in I Corps vietnam until the head cheese westmoreland decided and ordered search and destroy. the Brute, Lt General Victor Krulak wrote the USMC manual on counter insurgency and came close to forced retirement because he resisted westmoreland for a very long time. we had squads and platoons, civil action groups, in the villes providing security and training. the average vietnamese only cared about growing rice to feed his family, politics was not in their wheel house. the rice was grown in coastal areas and Krulak rightly discerned that keeping the VC and NVA away from the coastal villes would limit their ability to function in the field as they simply stole the farmers rice. so,,,instead of protecting the population we went chasing the NVA up into the mountains and highlands. the NVA, whom we called Mr Charles, was a well trained trooper and a master of the ambush, in his home terrain he held the advantage. on the coast protecting the farmers we held the advantage, westmoreland was unfit for command IMO
If/when we had left that area, the opposing forces would have taken back over.
That is my point. You can't go in, fight a war, win and then leave the country to their future. If you wan't to change the country to a U.S style republic, you have to occupy and dominate the country and put down the factions fighting within.
The factions within, being religion or whatever then become the liberals and conservatives. Then holy hell takes place. LOL.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spent allot of damn time killing and trying not to be killed by bad guys over there, my emotion I guess is a bit different than some. I lost a marriage and all that goes with it, I lost men and what goes with that. I saw suicide bombers blow up 24 school kids without care. A bomber blow up 59 people at a voting station to hinder elections. Acid attacks on schoolgirls, cutting the fingers off those who had voting ink on them. I could go on and on. I hate the idea of that coming to our country with all my soul. I apologise for over reacting in previous posts. It truly is a very hot topic for me.

David
Internet hug man.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If/when we had left that area, the opposing forces would have taken back over.
That is my point. You can't go in, fight a war, win and then leave the country to their future. If you wan't to change the country to a U.S style republic, you have to occupy and dominate the country and put down the factions fighting within.
The factions within, being religion or whatever then become the liberals and conservatives. Then holy hell takes place. LOL.

i know, and agree, but we chased an enemy and never attempted to hold the ground. taking a mountain top by main force losing several KIA and scores of WIA, then leave after you police the battlefield. the NVA just came back within moments of our departure.

if i was 20 again, i'd volunteer to go light some of those hajis up. i shouldn't even type this, but i considered going to isreal and volunteering to be a kibbutz guard, i'm no longer mobile enough to fight while moving, but i can still shoot LOL put me behind a couple of sand bags and i could do my job

Latest posts

Top Bottom