Boundaries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all due respect, that's not what happened. You could have said "no" at the request to come around the counter, but (according to your original post) you thought she was going to get a sticker or something.
So... a sticker is ok, but a hug is not? Not sure I understand the outrage here.

They are very different things. One involves physical contact, the other doesn't. I stated in my original post that most of my anger was at myself. My outrage is two-fold: one at myself for not saying anything, and two at the clerk who thought it was acceptable to physically embrace a perfect stranger's child. If you want to give her a hug because you think she's a cute kid, then at the very least you should ask the parents for permission. I believe the analogy of picking a child up out of a car seat without asking permission is valid.

This is not meant to criticize anyone here, but perhaps this is adding to the possibility of instilling fear into all the kids? Granted, we need to be wary, but are kids now going to have to be scared of 60 year old ladies?

60 year old ladies aren't always saints. My child ought to be weary of anyone that isn't in her immediate family.

Latest posts

Top Bottom