Brady Center is suing Armslist ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No standing for BC, is there? Toss it with prejudice.

Interesting. Did not know Armslist was an OK company.

The Brady Center isn't suing Armslist:

The wrongful death lawsuit was filed in Cook County Circuit Court on behalf of the family of Jitka Vesel, 36, an immigrant from the Czech Republic who was shot and killed last year by Demetry Smirnov, a stalker.

The family of the deceased is suing, Brady Center is doing all the work and funding it. I'd expect this to become more prevalent as people like Bloomberg and Soros catch on.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Brady Center isn't suing Armslist:

The family of the deceased is suing, Brady Center is doing all the work and funding it. I'd expect this to become more prevalent as people like Bloomberg and Soros catch on.

And ... this is what I get for speed reading ... Sorry guys ... Although, in the end, it is a distinction without a difference once you get outside the courtroom and away from legal technicalities ... such as "standing" ...

And you are correct, litigiousness is the American way anymore... :( And so is dodging personal responsibility ... :( Both of these "attributes" only make politicians and lawyers richer and the rest of us poorer ... :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And ... this is what I get for speed reading ... Sorry guys ... Although, in the end, it is a distinction without a difference once you get outside the courtroom and away from legal technicalities ... such as "standing" ...

And you are correct, litigiousness is the American way anymore... :( And so is dodging personal responsibility ... :( Both of these "attributes" only make politicians and lawyers richer and the rest of us poorer ... :(

Word. :(

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes I think it would almost be worth it to go through law school, pass the bar and become a judge. Because if a case like this came before my court, I would be a precedence setting mofo...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Venue in Cook County, IL? That should be interesting. A judicial hell hole. Best soulution would be to win on venue.

Though seldom "fair and balanced", here is an article from the Huff Post with more info: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/12/brady-campaign-armslist-gun-purchase_n_2279465.html

LL

IANAL, but can someone tell me how an out of state court can hold a company that never did business in that jurisdiction, sue someone there? I can't imagine that Armslist ever did business in Cook county???

If Armslist simply ignores the court, what can they actually do to them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom