Braums in Tuttle, Navy vs USMC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the Navy guy was right as usual. Damn Marines will send a fella anywhere.

I was a primary navigator as a Marine team leader for several years. I was excellent at it. I only ever put us behind enemy lines once. Not only that, I only ever inadvertently invaded a foreign country once, and not badly enough to get caught (true story). :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day I was part of a joint services installation team, installing Satellite systems to replace the undersea cables to the Pacific Rim.

One of our stops was Subic Bay in the Philippines. Of course at the end of the day we hit the local watering holes, and I can say this without any doubt. An Army guy can call a Marine a jarhead, or leatherneck, and a Navy guy a swabbie, or paint chipper, and get a smile and an offer to share a beer.

None of that happens between the swabbies and jar heads. Its a full out fight. Tables broken, bars destroyed, Shore Patrol involved. Nights in the brig. Craziest thing I've ever seen.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day I was part of a joint services installation team, installing Satellite systems to replace the undersea cables to the Pacific Rim.

One of our stops was Subic Bay in the Philippines. Of course at the end of the day we hit the local watering holes, and I can say this without any doubt. An Army guy can call a Marine a jarhead, or leatherneck, and a Navy guy a swabbie, or paint chipper, and get a smile and an offer to share a beer.
None of that happens between the swabbies and jar heads. Its a full out fight. Tables broken, bars destroyed, Shore Patrol involved. Nights in the brig. Craziest thing I've ever seen.

I dunno about that Army crap Dennis; I do know them Navy boys that was lost in Tuttle don't know shizz! Here they be! ====> :homer:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno about that Army crap Dennis; I do know them Navy boys that was lost in Tuttle don't know shizz! Here they be! ====> :homer:

LOL, When I was in Korea we had Army commo taking care of the Navy base at Chinhae. We had to go there on occasion to do maintenance on the systems.

The ships would come in after 90/120 days on line off the coast of Vietnam, with no alcohol. Somebody was always ringing the ships bell that meant a round for the house. Heck of a party, but it always ended with a brawl between the Marines, and the Sailors.

Ain't sayin what was in the bullpen outside the front door.............

Latest posts

Top Bottom