BREAKING NEWS: ATF just dropped a bomb. No more shouldering braces, AR pistols etc..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
P.S. Anyone who spends $130+ dollars on a "looks-like-SBR" gizmo instead of spending $200 and building an actual SBR needs their head checked any way ... and looks like they sell about 20-30 of them on eBay per hour.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Yeah, it's pathetic that folks don't want to register their firearm with the government and pay $200 to adhere to a bunch of bullsh!t, arbitrary rules. Pathetic, I say!!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
P.S. Anyone who spends $130+ dollars on a "looks-like-SBR" gizmo instead of spending $200 and building an actual SBR needs their head checked any way ... and looks like they sell about 20-30 of them on eBay per hour.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

People really should just be good citizens and comply, wait at least several months, jump through all sorts of BS hoops, and pay a $200 tax to put a stock on a SBR.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it also looks like if you shoot your pistol with two hands then you are redesigning it too!
"The term 'Pistol' means a weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand..."

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it also looks like if you shoot your pistol with two hands then you are redesigning it too!
"The term 'Pistol' means a weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand..."

Right. Now watch a bunch of idiots write letters to ATF about this and they will then say you have to register your pistol as an AOW if you want to shoot it 2 handed.

This whole mess came about because folks couldn't leave well enough alone. IMHO this Sig Brace debacle came about because of:

All the letters written to ATF asking if it was really OK to shoulder it.
The thousands of pictures/videos all over the net showing it used as a stock.
Some of the ads for these saying it was a "legal" way to have an SBR without needing paperwork.
All of the posts on multiple forums with folks talking about what a great stock it was.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is really dumb, but incredibly unenforceable since there is nothing against buying, owning, or even using a sigbrace.

It's very enforceable. Shoulder one at the range and if someone with an agenda sees it, you could find yourself under investigation/prosecution. BATFE has gone after folks for similar stuff before.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at the date on that G&A article. It predates and is superseded by ATF 2015-1: http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi...ling-2015-1-manufacturing-and-gunsmithing.pdf
My comment was in reference to the ATF ruling, and not the guns and ammo article. I'm still not buying a brace, but my position is still its legal as long as you don't intend to shoulder it. If something is on the market, people will figure out a way to misuse it to skirt a law. People will shoulder an AR pistol with just the tube on it, its still legal to own an AR pistol though. But, by the ATFs recent definition, by shouldering it with the tube you have now "redesigned" the weapon. It all goes back to intent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom