BREAKING NEWS: ATF just dropped a bomb. No more shouldering braces, AR pistols etc..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People that don't wanna sign their life away to the ATF. I think the braces are dumb. It would be sweet to own an sbr but you already have to give far to much info to buy a gun as is.

Please explain to me how having an NFA weapon is "signing your life away to the ATF"?

Last edited:

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do some writing so I get some daily blog posts/newsletters related to writing. One of them has a daily quote--some days, it's a line or two from a book that is exceptionally crafted and some days it's a pertinent quote. Today's quote is pertinent to the numerous ATF debates that have started up this month. It's from the science fiction author Philip K. Dick:

The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you had to have shoulder surgery would the DR. have to be a SOT holder?
Would you have to transfer your shoulder to have it worked on?

It would suck to try and fire an AR with a bum shoulder. Maybe if they made something to help people with injuries fire an AR with one hand? Maybe someone should make a brace for AR and AK variant pistols!

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why we need federal law prohibiting rule making by government agencies without a vote of congress. A dream, I know, but would be great for fixing the ATF and EPA.

I know I want an SBR type weapon but I have no interest in paying an extra $200 and waiting a year for a stamp. I'm just gonna build one with the foam padded buffer tube.

This argument is similar the the whole "putting a pistol upper on a rifle lower when nobody was looking". I've never done that or seen it done but I know that it has to happen. They just gotta catch you doing it.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/sig-sauer-challenges-atf-open-letter-regarding-sb-15-brace-use/

“As reaffirmed in an Open Letter by ATF’s Firearms and Ammunition Technology Division dated January 16, 2015, the Pistol Stabilizing Brace (SB15 and SBX) is legal to own, legal to purchase, and legal to install on a pistol. SIG SAUER® believes that the PSB improves the single-handed shooting performance of buffer tube equipped pistols, and offers the product both as an accessory and pre-installed on a number of pistols. “The Open Letter goes further to rescind a previous private letter regarding the ‘intent’ of the user of the pistol stabilizing brace. In the letter of January 16, 2015, ATF opines that a person’s actual use of the product as a shoulder stock can change the legal classification of the product. However, the Open Letter explicitly states: “ATF hereby confirms that if used as designed-to assist shooters in stabilizing a handgun while shooting with a single hand-the device is not considered a shoulder stock and therefore may be attached to a handgun without making a NFA firearm.” “We question ATF’s reversal in position that the classification of the brace may be altered by its use. We are reviewing the legal precedents and justification for this position, and will address our concerns with ATF in the near future. “We will vigorously defend the classification of all of our products and our consumers’ right to use them in accordance with the law. If we find that the open letter opinion is outside the scope of the law, we will seek further review.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom