BREAKING NEWS: ATF just dropped a bomb. No more shouldering braces, AR pistols etc..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electriccowboy

Marksman
Reaction score
put your tinfoil hats on.

To put it simple. The ATF say's if you use the brace as a brace, then its a brace if you shoulder it then its a butt stock. How it is used modifies the device.
If you use it as a butt stock then the pistol becomes a SBR, and paper work is needed.

Now looking at it in that way but apply it to a ar pistol with out a brace, and the way you shoot the pistol.
If you place the buffer tube on your shoulder then you have modified the pistol into a SBR. :screwy:

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Everyone on here keeps saying just pay the ATF the $200 and have a real SBR.. There are a lot of folks that live in states that an SBR is not legal. It was a great loophole for them own an SBR-ish gun in their state. I could understand wanting a letter from the atf saying that it is not a felony to use this brace, especially if there is no other way of owning an SBR in that state. I view this as a loss in the 2A battle, unless it leads to all states allowing Legally registered SBRs.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know the history of the NFA and how it came to pass? I gather, from the few documents that I've read so far, that it was originally intended to limit handgun and machine gun ownership in the same manner, and it was only after some debate or input that those restrictions were not placed upon handguns.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know what the fuss is about. I cheek rest mine and tho it would seem that it is at my shoulder, it really isn't. It is about a 1/4 inch away from my shoulder. As I would never knowingly break the law.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what the fuss is about. I cheek rest mine and tho it would seem that it is at my shoulder, it really isn't. It is about a 1/4 inch away from my shoulder. As I would never knowingly break the law.

"When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it, and I didn't inhale, and I never tried again." - Bill Clinton

replygif.net_i_166.gif

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you guys want some snippets of the history of how we got to this place over the last 80 years & of other recent ATF shenanigans, read the filing documents in the NFA challenge lawsuits that were filed recently.

http://www.sdslaw.us/#!nfa-cases/c1xu9

...and also this video: [video=youtube_share;XNBbXAoWRz0]http://youtu.be/XNBbXAoWRz0?list=PLmgLZnHIQNY4QEV3_s7FSV-Ib-Tmqi_FW[/video]

Latest posts

Top Bottom