Broken Mossberg 500 safety switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know a local Tulsa area place to pick one up? And how much? Darn tiny plastic piece on Amazon is $17. That's about 10% of what I have in this particular gun. Not that I'm immune to paying ridiculous amounts of money for parts, but this is ridiculous.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
gunpartscorp.com has them for $ 8.45 buy 2 or 3 as they break quite often.
I searched my parts cabinet and am out.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
gunpartscorp.com has them for $ 8.45 buy 2 or 3 as they break quite often.
I searched my parts cabinet and am out.

I wish somebody made a metal one. Meanwhile, the I've noticed that the gun works fine without a safety. Probably one less thing to go wrong, too, if my wife ever needed to actually use the thing.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just emailed them. That's obviously a weak part that I should probably replace on all my guns since they just sit a lot. I just looked in my inventory and I have six 500s and a Maverick 88. Geez...

Thanks for the tip!

Dang...you must like Mossbergs I guess. Please let us know if they do send you a metal replacement.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Bryan,
I'm a dealer for Vang Comp, so if you want one of theirs, I'd be willing to get it to you at cost (including shipping of course).

Take Care, and good luck with the mossberg route.
Mike

Owlcreekok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
(Flame Retardant ON)

I will be surprised if you do not get stellar service from Mossberg regarding this. I have had occasion to deal with them many times over the last 25 years or so. I personally regard Mossberg 500 shotguns over every other make of slide action. Bar none.

Latest posts

Top Bottom