Broken propane grill.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread about the wind blowing over our propane grill and breaking a hinge on the lid. Looking at it today I noticed a pretty big crack in the burner. Enough to insert my pocket knife blade into. A replacement burner is going to cost at least $50 plus repairing the lid, on a grill I can not even use. Is it worth repairing? I do not feel that it is but wanted opinions. I can get a used electric grill for about the same amount that I can use, not just the wife.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread about the wind blowing over our propane grill and breaking a hinge on the lid. Looking at it today I noticed a pretty big crack in the burner. Enough to insert my pocket knife blade into. A replacement burner is going to cost at least $50 plus repairing the lid, on a grill I can not even use. Is it worth repairing? I do not feel that it is but wanted opinions. I can get a used electric grill for about the same amount that I can use, not just the wife.
I'm guessing since your on O2 and don't want your cannula catching fire? Seen a few patients with cannula burns over the years, but it's usually from smoking on O2.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't sound like it would be worth fixing. But what kind of grill is it?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing since your on O2 and don't want your cannula catching fire? Seen a few patients with cannula burns over the years, but it's usually from smoking on O2.
Yep and since my clothes get saturated I do not want the rest of me catching fire either. Pollock go poof followed by lots of screaming.
It doesn't sound like it would be worth fixing. But what kind of grill is it?
An old Arkla Town & Country. Was a nice old grill but when I went on O2 the docs said I could not use it anymore.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have any photos of the damage?

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know what part of the body the cannula is but it sounds damn painful!
Insert sarcasm icon here.
A cannula in this case is a nasal cannula, that delivers Oxygen to the nose.

Nasal_Cannula_(Adult).png

Latest posts

Top Bottom